Environment, Health & Safety Manager
At Kellogg Company, safety is a value! In this role you will work collaboratively with employees to create a strong presence of safety to enable the prevention of workplace injuries and illnesses with activities including: implementing occupational safety and health standards; providing meaningful safety and health training that leads to strong knowledge transfer; and working with partners to develop innovative programs to prevent workplace hazards.
With your expertise you will work against workplace health and safety risks and hazards, and work proactively on minimizing and eliminate these risks. You will lead the environment compliance activities and insure our facility is adhering to regulations. You can also use your training skills to provide key safety insights and increase knowledge and understanding across the plant. In addition, you can innovate with us as you inform and influence at all levels and functions to ensure that health and safety is a value and continuously improved upon.
We are committed to continue shaping the future of our industry. We look forward to forging new paths and inspire new thinking, because we believe in helping people, striving for a better, brighter future. Your pride in continuous improvement is going to be a key ingredient to your success. It’s all about having an owner’s mindset.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
As an EHS Manager, you will manage and execute programmes that assist the plant in achieving corporate goals for EHS performance and ensuring plant wide compliance with EHS policies and applicable regulations.
- Own and drive the phase development and standardisation processes linked to Global Projects on the Manchester site and measure compliance.
- Ensure best practice EHS systems are in place and coach, support and mentor the Plant Teams in all EHS activities to execute recommendations in line with Plant operations and cost improvements.
- Initiating, implementing and managing developments to the EHS management systems and co-ordinating internal audits integral to the site safety performance.
- Reviewing all Kellogg Global and European standards and amend Management System accordingly to meet requirements, leading risk assessments for hazards across the site ensuring actions are taken to mitigate risks.
- Ensure site compliance to all relevant and updated legislation, standards and accreditation processes.
- Act as a business contact to the Kellogg Global and European EHS functions.
- Lead, develop and own all activities in relation to EHS practices at Manchester, and ensure compliance with
EHS regulations, Global standards and EHS laws.
- Liaise with local regulatory bodies and government standard agencies for all EHS compliance activities and ensure robust ongoing relationships are developed.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Degree qualified or equivalent through experience. EHS professional qualifications or relevant experience.
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop relationships across all levels of the Plant
- Previous knowledge of Corporate Safety / Environmental Systems would be advantageous
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- This role may require flexibility to work outside the core working time due to continuous shift working operation.
- This role may require travel to other Kellogg locations therefore a full driving license is desirable.
If you experience any difficulty when applying please contact email@example.com.
Please note that the closing date may be subject to change. We will interview suitable candidates as they apply, so please don’t hesitate to take this opportunity to submit your application as soon as possible.
If you would like to be immediately notified of new Kellogg's opportunities, please go to ‘Create or access my profile’ and complete the information required in the ‘Job Alerts’ section. You will then receive email alerts as soon as new jobs are advertised
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, trans identity, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.