Technical Services Manager
SALARY / BENEFITS
£35,000 to £45,000
33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
Highly competitive rewards package including Group Pension
Excellent career progression prospects across the Bakkavor group
COMPANY/ SITE DETAIL
We are the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, with an international presence in the US and China. Our 19,000 employees operate from 39 locations, developing and producing innovative food for a wide variety of occasions and budgets. In the UK, we work with leading grocery retailers, focusing on their own label brands.
Bakkavor Salads is based in Bourne and specialises in making prepared fruit, leafy salads and stir fry mixes. It employs over 1,100 people and forms part of the Bakkavor Salads sector in the UK
A fantastic opportunity for a Technical Manager to join the team at our Bourne Salads site. The successful candidate will manage the Technical Services function for the business unit to support all aspects of the technical function.
- To manage the Raw Materials operation on site ensuring all raw materials are assessed for compliance to internal and customer standards from development through to launch. To ensure that raw material compliance is regularly reviewed, and approval status is maintained and to ensure information required during 3rd party audits is maintained and available.
- To manage and develop the Quality Management System across the entire business ensuring that all QMS documentation is up to date, relevant & controlled and meets the requirements of legislation, industry standards, Bakkavor and all standards.
- To establish and maintain a process of horizontal auditing against the QMS to ensure compliance. To establish or review and amend procedures as required by new customer codes of practice, new business initiatives or new internal systems.
- Generate technical business KPI information, communicate, trend and highlight issues. Develop and agree action plans and through Continuous Improvement drive the business forward.
- To ensure all customer and site KPI reports are completed accurately and timely and in line with customer and site requirements. To ensure all KPI information is assessed and trended appropriately to enable the technical leadership team to drive improvement action plans within the operational teams, particularly regarding compliant / micro / nutritional trends.
- To support the site in the delivery and launch of the new and existing product development and operational improvement. To play an active part in the NPD process, utilising technical expertise to deliver the technical standards expected.
Apply for Technical Services Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly