Production Manager – Meals London - Elveden
Wednesday to Saturday
40 hours per week, 06.00 – 16.30
SALARY / BENEFITS
£44,000 to £46,000
Highly competitive rewards package including Group Pension
Excellent career progression prospects across the Bakkavor group
COMPANY/ SITE DETAIL
We are the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, with an international presence in the US and China. Our 19,000 employees operate from 39 locations, developing and producing innovative food for a wide variety of occasions and budgets. In the UK, we work with leading grocery retailers, focusing on their own label brands.
In London, Bakkavor Meals employs over 2,400 people across three sites and a distribution centre in the Park Royal area. These sites specialise in making chilled ready meals, houmous dips, deli products and savoury accompaniments, and are part of Bakkavor's Meals sector which has eight factories in total in the UK.
A fantastic opportunity for a Production Manager to join our Meals London team at our Elveden site and manage a significant part of the Factory Operation.
- To pro-actively manage to ensure that a safe working environment exists for all employees in the operation and that as a minimum the operation meets the standards set out in the Group Health and Safety policy.
- To lead and drive standards of quality, food safety, hygiene and housekeeping within your area through Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) to ensure that both business and customer standards are kept, and audit requirements are fully met.
- To appropriately manage the performance of all team members including section managers using Bakkavor performance management systems and, if necessary, to impose disciplinary sanctions in accordance with Company policy through to dismissal stage.
- To own the training and development of all levels of team including managers. Actively coach, develop, recruit and train team members to the required level of competence to encourage continuous improvement within the business.
- Manages the NPD process within their area of responsibility to ensure that all trials run successfully and through to product launch.
- Challenges and introduces new KPIs to drive performance. Ensures team delivers agreed KPIs across the operation ensuring systems are in place to collect the necessary data to measure performance against the agreed KPIs.
- Plan organise and measure labour and material requirements within their area to ensure that both short and long term agreed targets are met.
- Supports and encourages the Bakkavor values and a positive culture within their area, whilst fostering good employee relations through fair, consistent and effective people management.