Senior Production Manager
Senior Production Manager
Monday to Friday Days
£ Competitive plus excellent benefits, pension, bonus and healthcare and development
We are the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, with an international presence in the US and China. Our 19,000 employees operate from 39 locations, developing and producing innovative food for a wide variety of occasions and budgets. In the UK, we work with leading grocery retailers, focusing on their own label brands.
The Senior Production Manager oversees all manufacturing within our factory. Based in Aston, Cheshire we specialise in making chilled speciality breads. We need a true people person who can help lead and motivate a team of 4 shift managers across our Fast-Moving facility. You will need to be able to understand manufacturing strategy and be able to clearly put your team on the right path.
You will ensure the team implement and follow our food safety processes and procedures in all areas of the business, while helping to mentor and steer our colleagues and help drive a business forward.
We are looking for a strong influencer and communicator who is confident to build relationships and engage at all levels across the business. You will be and experienced Production Manager or Operations Manager from a FMCG background that is use to leading large teams
- Health & Safety - To ensure that a safe working environment exists for all employees in their operation and that as a minimum their area meets the standards set out in the Group Health & Safety policy.
- Technical Integrity - To ensure standards of quality, food safety, hygiene and housekeeping within their factory operation appropriate to a quality food manufacturer.
- Manufacturing Strategy - Inputs, understands and translates the manufacturing strategy into a “living” Factory Operational Plan which is clearly understood and owned by their Team.
- Team Development - Involvement in the selection process for direct reports. Responsible for the recruitment of the right calibre of people for levels below direct reports. Ensures that the people in their factory operation are managed in line with company procedures in all aspects of their employment, ensures there is a positive employee relations culture where indicators such as grievances, absence, turnover rates are in control.
- Measurement & Control - Utilise appropriate agreed KPIs as a basis for the development of Performance Improvement Plans within the Factory Operation and cascade these KPIs through the Factory Operational Team, ensuring that they are translated and used at all levels. Plan, organise, and measure resources to ensure that targets for production are met.
- NPD Process – manages the NPD process within their factory operation to ensure that all trials run successfully and through to product launch
- People Development - Owns training and development and performance management of individuals within their factory operation to enable progression to resource growth or to replace current roles, and to ensure that the necessary skills are in place at all levels.
- Communication - To ensure that the workforce in their factory operation is well informed on relevant business news and to encourage effective cross-functional links and that channels of communication are clear and available.
- Employee Relations - Support and develop a culture within their factory operation where individuals feel able to challenge the status quo and encourage feedback from all levels. Support and implement change processes within their area in line with Bakkavör values.
- Continuous Improvement – proactively looks at ways to improve their factory operation. A key player in delivering the agreed factory capital expenditure plans within the agreed factory budget