Line Performance Manager
42 hours, Days based across Monday – Friday
Multiple positions available
We have a fantastic opportunity for a talented, driven individual to join our Nestlé Confectionery business within our Factory as a Line Performance Manager, reporting directly to the Area Manager. This role is a key role for the factory; responsible for a defined set of production assets, the Line Performance Manager will have full accountability and autonomy for driving their area to World Class performance levels in Safety, Quality, Cost and Service.
In order to achieve this, the Line Performance Manager will lead the TPM implementation within their area and passionately focus on building individual & team competences to execute critical standards with excellence, whist building team autonomy and a continuous improvement mind-set.
The position is within our Nestlé York Factory, which is the home of KitKat and produces a range of Confectionery products. These are produced through a highly automated PLC controlled process plant and automated filling and packing lines. It is continually developing and expanding leading brands such as KitKat, Aero, Polo, Yorkie and Milky Bar
A day in the life of...
Not only does this role cover a defined amount of assets as above but it also is expected to drive Nestlé Continuous Excellence and continuous improvements through the operation and processes within the manufacturing department by empowering and engaging the operators
Other Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Leading development of direct reports to provide appropriate skills and flexibility of workforce to suit current and future needs aligned to business goals, using tools such as coaching, competence matrices and development plans
- Working with the Line Performance Management team and Engineering to coordinate and prioritise resource to achieve production and maintenance plans with quality execution of TPM
- Leading and coaching Operational Reviews to drive and embed a continuous improvement mind-set to support the achievement of the Operational Master Plan.
- Creating strategies and priorities for the line to deliver the drivers for the OMP in all key areas – SHE, Quality, Supply Chain, Operations and Cost
- Coaching, training and assessing to ensure the capability of the team and the rigorous application of standards and methodologies, driving autonomy and accountability at the lowest level
- Accountable for team capability, succession planning and all aspects of people management, including attendance management, disciplinary and DPR.
What Will Make You Successful?
To be considered for this pivotal role within the York Factory, we are looking for candidates with experience in a manufacturing environment, other key attributes will include:
- A clear, strategic vision.
- Ability to challenge the norm
- Experience of developing strategy to drive line improvement.
- Strong leadership capability and operational management experience is a must have.
- Someone who displays strong initiative and drive for continuous improvement with a natural coaching & development style and a genuine interest in people development.
- You will have experience with TPM implementation and portray strong problem solving mind-set.
What you need to know
This opportunity will provide you with real ownership and accountability, offering you development both individually and as part of a highly skilled team.
The opening date for this role is 31st May 2019 and the closing date for this role is the 14th June 2019. We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
To find out more about Nestlé please visit: www.nestle.co.uk
Nestlé UK&I is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.
We are Nestlé, the largest food and beverage company. We are 328,000 people strong driven by the purpose of enhancing the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Our values are rooted in respect: repect for ourselves, respect for others, respect for diversity and respect for our future. With more than 89.5 billion CHF in 2016, we have an expansive presence with 442 factories in more than 86 countries. We believe our people are our most important asset, so we'll offer you a dynamic inclusive international working environment with many opportunities across different businesses, functions and geopraphies, working with diverse teams and cultures. Want to learn more? Visit us at www.nestle.com.