Quality and H&S Manager
Quality and H&S Manager
About Nims ...
Nim's Fruit Ltd is a unique and innovative snack producer based in Kent. We are a small but fun, cohesive and hardworking team with one aim and that is to create and deliver unique and top quality products to our customers. We supply into supermarkets, food service, travel, vending and independent stores.
About the role ...
- To ensure that raw material is turned into finished product efficiently and effectively with due regard to all legal, safety and quality requirements in line with the site’s BRC V8 Food Safety & Quality Manual and implementation and ongoing compliance of Health and Safety rules and procedures .
- Work in a safe manner ensuring Health & Safety practices are maintained and with reasonable care towards follow employees and visitors.
- Maintain and progress audit performance against BRC.
- Ensure producers of own label products comply with and are auditable against specific technical requirements and relevant retailer (COPs).
- Develop effective partnerships with colleagues at every level
- Arrange and carry out audits of non-BRC suppliers according to schedule.
- Review internal systems with regards to effectiveness and efficiency.
- To ensure effective Hygiene at all levels.
- Liaise with contractors and service provider e.g. chemical supplier, laundry supplier.
- Management of QMS system
- Monitor all production processes to ensure product meets customer specification.
- Staff training including induction etc.
- Update working practices and procedures when necessary.
- Understand and complete relevant quality documentation.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of working practices and procedures.
- To help identify non conformances and identify the necessary actions and implement corrective actions as required.
- To attend management meetings as required with any information and to feedback to staff as appropriate.
- To identify cost saving measures that can be implemented without compromising food safety, legality or personnel Health & safety.
- To work with others to coordinate the activities of the site and ensure product is manufactured efficiently and effectively with due regard to all legal, safety and quality requirements.
- Complete daily documents accurately and non- conformances are communicated to the relevant people.
- To ensure that finished product is safe and meets all customer quality requirements.
- To ensure that all production paperwork is completed accurately and legibly to ensure that yield information, quality information and traceability information is documented as required.
- Observe Operators as necessary to ensure that work is completed to the required standard.
- Ensure that raw material is purchased from approved suppliers.
- Ensure traceability details are in place for all raw materials.
- To implement and ensure compliance of Health and Safety rules and procedures.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE