Manufacturing Process Engineer
The way we see it, we’re all about two things - seriously tasty, wholesome ingredients, and imagination. Why? Because together, they’ve helped us create over 1000 (and counting) ingenious snacks for hungry grazers. We’re a nimble, tech-led multi-channel retailer on a mission to disrupt the healthy snacking market. We’re on a never-ending hunt for healthier, juicier, crunchier, tastier, fresher, bigger, better! Which basically means, as one of the fastest growing companies in the UK, we’re always refreshing, rethinking and reinventing.
We’re a bunch of like-minded people but we’re not all the same. We have different experiences, backgrounds and ways of working but we combine well to make it come together.
We’re looking for a hugely inquisitive Manufacturing Process Engineer to manage multiple engineering projects for our growing factory from initial R&D all the way through to final commissioning.
We’re innovating at crazy speeds and as a result we’re building new production lines and packing systems in our custom built factory. This means that there will be a whole host of exciting new engineering projects to do and so we’re growing our engineering team to be able to deliver all the projects we have in the pipeline.
What you’ll be responsible for...
- Managing engineering projects from R&D all the way through to final commissioning and high volume production.
- Delivering projects on time, to a high quality and within budget. On joining you will be involved in the delivery of a new high speed packing line to our factory.
- Improving the efficiency and performance of existing designs, machinery, equipment, systems and products.
- Working cross functionally to ensure new processes/machinery are adopted successfully.
- Providing engineering advice and support to key stakeholders.
Your day to day tasks...
- Researching, developing and modelling new ideas / equipment / applications to improve the manufacturing and fulfillment operations.
- Analysing key metrics from the wealth of captured production data to understand trends and translating them into continuous engineering improvements.
Turning research ideas into designs & technical plans using SolidWorks.
- Testing/iterating novel designs & recommending modifications.
- Establishing and building great working relationships with current and future suppliers and contractors.
What we're looking for in you...
- Inquisitive nature with a huge interest in how things are built and what makes them work.
- Have good problem-solving skills.
- Track record of managing engineering projects from concept to delivery
- Experience working to tight timelines.
- Experience of managing multiple stakeholders.
- Sound understanding and practical experience of manufacturing and engineering processes and how things are built.
- You have already used SolidWorks or equivalent CAD Software.
- Be a fast learning, self-starter with great attention to detail.
What’s in it for you?...
Imagine being part of one of the fastest growing food businesses! We’re always moving into new commercial areas of retail, online and even new geographies. You’ll pick up new skills and experiences, broadening your knowledge and capabilities to push you to the next level.
We encourage active learning with learning lunches, networking events or more formal qualifications
At the risk of blowing our own trumpet, there’s some seriously smart, informed, helpful, modest, funny and dedicated people at graze HQ!
You’d be part of a culture that revolves around each of us doing a great job by being helpful, open, inclusive, pioneering, commercially aware, persistent and honest. And we wouldn’t have it any other way.