Production Front Line Manager
Hovis is one the UK’s leading food brands. In fact, it’s worth over £400m in retail sales. In a very competitive crowd, we’ve continued to demonstrate category leading product innovation & quality. Our brand heritage and most recent performance is testament to this.
A great opportunity has arisen at Hovis we're looking for a Production Front Line Manager to lead and develop all shift based production activities while driving improvements within agreed safety, cost, quality and timescale criteria, in order to optimize the use of all assets. To ensure that shift teams have the skills and competency to deliver customer demands.
We are looking for someone to lead product quality delivery for the site in line with the Lifelong Customer Loyalty and be responsible for ensuring operations are meeting expected service levels, schedule adherence and continuous improvement and performance targets. You must ensure shift team’s compliance with all relevant Hovis Ltd and Legislative Health & Safety requirements within the working environment and fully own Risk assessments and overall quality of the shift output.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Relevant industry experience
- Leadership and people management skills – experience of managing teams in an FMCG manufacturing environment
- IT literate
- Good verbal and numerate skills
- Advanced food hygiene qualification
- Plant baking qualifications
- Lean / six sigma experience
- Experience of working effectively in a Trade Union environment.
- Demonstrated experience within manufacturing environment preferably baking.
- People management experience
- Exceptional Hovis or industry supply chain experience will be considered in lieu of qualifications.
- BRC & third party audit exposure
- Food hygiene level 3
- IOSH managing safely
- HACCP level 2
- Experience of working in a bakery and Knowledge of basic baking techniques
Type of role: Full Time, Permanent
Reporting to: Manufacturing Manager
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK