Interim Project Engineer
We are currently looking to recruit an Interim Project Engineer at our Hull site to work in conjunction with the Project Manager to define, justify, and implement projects within the site.
As a key member of the factory Operations Team, the Interim Project Engineer will be responsible for determining site requirements, whilst ensuring compliance with regulatory compliance to food safety, quality and legality.
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with all relevant parties
- Determine project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies and preparing cost estimates
- Preparing, scheduling, coordinating and monitoring the assigned projects
- Co-operate and communicate effectively with the project manager and other project participants to provide assistance and support
- Review project deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions
- Ensure all projects under their control comply with site and legislative health and safety
- Manage contractor activity in relation to area of accountability
- Evaluate new technologies and ensure up to date and relevant knowledge
- Work in conjunction with NPD, quality, operations and engineering teams on associated strategic/NPD projects as required
- Ensure projects are delivered in line with the company agreed process
- Ensure records are maintained in an accurate and timely fashion
- Ensure budgeted capital plans are monitored, delivered and captured in conjunction with the Project Manager
The successful candidate will have the following skills and knowledge:
- Proven work experience as a Project engineer
- Engineering apprenticeship comp with academic / practical qualifications e.g. HNC or NVQ 3
- Strong technical and engineering background.
- Ability to administer a substantial devolved budget and interpret business plans & strategies.
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects
- Ability to foster a co-operative work environment.
- Experience in contract negotiation and management.
- Analytical skills approach to problem solving in a timely fashion.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literate to advanced level. (auto cad, MS project and excel)
- Positive/personable attitude at all times.
- Team player and developer.
- Cross functional development of team working throughout the site.
- Flexible approach and pro-active to work to meet the needs of the business
- Prince2 Project management and Experience in FMCG environment, preferably food manufacturing are desirable