Plant CI & Development Manager
Plant CI & Development Manager
Based: Littleborough, United Kingdom
Would you like to become a part of a leading organisation that brings the Joy of Flavour to Life and makes Every Meal and Moment Better?
We are currently looking for a Plant CI & Development Manager to join our team. Do you thrive in a fast paced, international work environment?
If so, you might be the person we are looking for! Our growth starts with yours.
Directly responsible for the management and leadership of site executional excellence and project change management using defined CI tools and change management principles. Primary business contact for all change, growth and NPD initiatives that potentially impact the Littleborough Operation, working closely with project Engineers, Performance Manager, Reliability and Process leads.
- Design and monitor the Journey To Excellence roadmap comprising of 2 Key elements - Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) & High Performing Organization (HPO), ensuring audit coordination and delivery of action plans.
- Focal point of all plant change (internal or externally generated):
- Owns the Authority to Modify (ATM) process
- Key liaison for R&D, Technical, Procurement, Projects and Commercial development
- Owns commercialization from plant perspective
- Represents the plant as technical expert
- Drives simplification/de-complexity in the plant
- Being active member of a local strategic team deeply involved in the site strategy preparation and implementation.
- Builds the business case for plant investment, in collaboration with the EMEA project engineering team and finance:
- Capital control point (financial)
- Execute directly Projects <$0.1 MM; supports execution with Region for >$0.1 MM
- Supports strategic capacity planning
- Application and selection of capital assets.
- Collect and process information and guidance from cross-functional teams and turning it into a company’s strategy-aligned plan to present it on an annual strategic business planning event
- Agree and control budget spend to forecast and budget, manage and control labour costs to agreed budgeted levels
- Implement Capital projects that improve or create a CRP or that are required due to legal and or Health and Safety requirements
- KPI setting and drive to delivery based on factual measured data.
- Co-ordinate cost saving and improvement activities with the Engineering. These activities are to include: Product Quality, Site Fabric, Equipment purchase, Equipment Improvement, CIP systems, and the development of the Site Health and Safety policy.
- Work with different functions to prepare and implement capital projects.
- Supporting the Factory Management team, in the development of Functional and Site Improvement activities that cover all aspects of the Littleborough Operation. Sustainability projects, Waste reduction, OEE, Co-ordination of Lean Manufacturing initiatives and Operational process Improvements
- The delivery of strategic cost savings and improvement projects via a specialist engineering. To support the Engineering Group Leaders in identifying best practice and the delivery of the Engineering Development Plan
- Select, coach, train and develop staff within the team in line with developmental goals
- Shared accountability for strategic leadership of Littleborough Factory, as part of Factory Management Group
- Bachelor’s degree in a Manufacturing related subject.
- Project and Change Management experience
- Understanding of the Tools and Techniques used in Lean Manufacturing, 5S and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) is a must.
- Demonstrable experience in an Operations environment, with proven record of target-focused delivery in fast-paced Operational environment
- Ability to work cross-functionally and with multinational teams with a strong customer focus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong user of IT, with proven knowledge of MS Office application.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavour to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.