Weekend Day Shift (Sat, Sun, 6am-6pm)
Littleborough, United Kingdom
- Be responsible for and promote Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and 5S practices
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and work with the QA team to ensure the appropriate QA documentation is completed and signed off and ensure product quality
- Ensure all relevant documentation is completed and signed off throughout the shift, including start-up checks and completed paperwork
- Provide support to the Team Leader in daily activities and deputise for Team Leader where necessary
- Assist in the writing, implementation and verification of SOP’s
- Support the Team Leader in prioritising the activities of the team, ensuring that targets are communicated and labour is utilised effectively
- Identify Continuous Improvement projects and undertake project work, as and when required
- Adhere to health & safety regulations, ensuring that the team work within specified “safe systems of work”
- Ensure full compliance with Company Quality, Food safety, Environmental and Health & Safety requirements
- Ensure SAP transactions are actioned within the company’s time-frames and with precision and accuracy
- Good literacy and numeracy skills, e.g. English and Maths O’ level / GCSE equivalent
- Mechanical aptitude
- Level 1 food hygiene certificate
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience of working in a similar hands-on role would be an advantage
- Good organisational skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Basic IT skills
- Ability to motivate people
- Numerate, with the ability to analyse and present accurate basic statistical data
- Technical skills/knowledge in specific area.
McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 10,000 employees around the world and more than $4.2 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
We have a passion for flavour. The company is serving customers from nearly 50 locations in 24 countries and consumers can buy our brands in more than 110 countries. Our industrial business flavours snacks, wraps, beverages and many other products for customers, which include global restaurant chains and leading food manufacturers
With approximately 4,500 employees, the company has operations in 13 countries across the Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) Zone and serves customers in more than 25 markets through its consumer and industrial businesses. McCormick is present in key consumer markets with leading brands, including Schwartz in the UK. McCormick EMEA Headquarters are located in Haddenham (UK).
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, please apply send your CV with the cover letter on jobs.mccormick.co.uk
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.