Meat Sales Executive / Trader
Meatex is a wholesale meat trading company based in the UK.
We work with abattoirs, meat wholesalers and food service operators in the UK, Ireland and Europe to source premium meat products for our clients.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated Meat Sales Executive / Trader to join our Sales team, to assist in driving sales forward and to continue to provide our customers with the high standard of service they have come to expect.
The ideal applicant should have a good background knowledge of the meat trade and butchery and should preferably have a proven record of sales.
The successful candidate must have good numerical skills, be computer literate, an effective communicator and be able to work well as part of a team.
Our office is in the coastal town of Seaford, East Sussex (BN25) Five minutes walk from Seaford Station.
Key responsibilities -
- Manage sales of Beef, Pork, Lamb and Poultry to key butchers, caterers and food service wholesalers in the UK, Ireland and Europe. Single pallets to full containers.
- Grow and develop the customer base.
- Liaise with suppliers, process orders and work with the team to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Build and maintain a strong customer base through the provision of excellent service to both existing and new customers.
Key qualifications / experience -
- A proven track record in selling meat to the wholesale meat industry
- Good product knowledge and commercial experience working within the meat industry.
- Strong communication skills including an excellent telephone manner.
- Must be self motivated and able to produce own leads.
- Good negotiator
- Will have the drive and commitment to seek every possible sales opportunity
- Pro-active, ambitious and ready to make a difference.
Excellent salary. Great conditions & prospects.
If you find this opportunity as exciting as we do we want to hear from you!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- meat industry sales: 1 year (Required)