Commercial Manager - Waitrose
£30,000 to £37,000 Per Annum
25 days holiday
Highly competitive rewards package including Group Pension
Excellent career progression prospects across the Bakkavor group
We are the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, with an international presence in the US and China. Our 19,000 employees operate from 39 locations, developing and producing innovative food for a wide variety of occasions and budgets. In the UK, we work with leading grocery retailers, focusing on their own label brands.
Bakkavor Desserts has 3 sites across the UK - Newark, Devizes and Highbridge. The Bakkavor Desserts Newark site specialises in making chilled desserts such as trifles, creamcakes and choux pastries. The site employs over 1,600 people.
The Bakkavor Desserts Devizes site specialises in making chilled desserts such as tarts, yum yums, doughnuts, pies and pastries. The site employs over 500 people.
The Bakkavor Desserts Highbridge site specialises in making chilled desserts such as cheese cakes, tarts and sponges. The site employs over 550 people.
A fantastic opportunity for a Commercial Manager to join the Commercial team based at our food manufacturing facility in Newark, Bakkavor Desserts. Your main accountabilities will include providing reports, analysing and interpreting data, managing the internal interaction with Waitrose and being the co-ordinating point of contact for the account. Reporting into the Waitrose Commercial Controller you will be a key point of contact with Waitrose’s across commercial, development and marketing. Whilst this role is based in Newark but you will be the liaison across all the desserts sites and therefore need to visit Devizes and Highbridge once a fortnight.
- Develops internal working relationships across the functions to ensure commercial delivery
- Co-ordinates and ensures all relevant input / output information is collated, processed and reviewed with the relevant teams
- Collates input information and key measures needed to complete financial proposals, planning & forecasting
- Supports the principles of Category management by providing and evaluating key measures and insights. Ensures all commercial activity is robustly managed & communicated through the business
- Responsible for the consolidation and issuing of all Commercial reporting linked to Categories or projects to ensure seamless information flow across the business. Fulfils weekly task plan for the sectors
- Supports the plan through provision of the right and timely insight, data, information processing etc to ensure Category or project delivery
You will be great at developing cross functional relationships, open to change and strive for continuous improvement. This role would really suit a National Account Executive or Category Analyst looking to take the next step in their career.