Raw Material Technician FTC
Fixed Term Contract – 4 on 4 off shift pattern.
SALARY / BENEFITS
£18,000 - £19,000
22 days holiday
Highly competitive rewards package including Group Pension
Excellent career progression prospects across the Bakkavor group
COMPANY/ SITE DETAIL
We are the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, with an international presence in the US and China. Our 19,000 employees operate from 39 locations, developing and producing innovative food for a wide variety of occasions and budgets. In the UK, we work with leading grocery retailers, focusing on their own label brands.
Bakkavor Salads is based in Bourne and specialises in making prepared fruit, leafy salads and stir fry mixes. It employs over 1,100 people and forms part of the Bakkavor Salads sector in the UK.
A fantastic opportunity for a Raw Material Technician to join our team at Bourne Prepared Produce on a fixed term contract.
The role will involve assisting in the general day to day operation of managing all aspects of raw materials control as well as supporting the management of the supplier base through performance appraisal on quality / food safety issues and liaising directly with suppliers on raw material issues regarding supplier audit status, specification and pro-forma requirements for the Retailers and Bakkavor Group Central Technical.
- Ensure all raw materials information including supplier approval status is filed systematically and accurately both in a hard copy and electronic format.
- Carry out an initial review of all supplier self audit questionnaire’s for sign off by the Raw Materials Quality Manager.
- Collect relevant food safety information for inclusion in raw material risk assessments which are signed off by the Raw Material Quality and Technical Managers.
- Review at appropriate frequencies all raw materials specifications.
- Assist the Raw Material Quality Manager in maintaining retailer requirement lists with respect to raw materials and all relevant and applicable Codes of Practices. Regularly access retailer web sites to keep up to date with their requirements.
- Assist Technical / Quality Assurance Team with the investigation of non-conformances for raw materials and follow up with suppliers as necessary.
- Maintain a database of all raw materials non-conformances and trend to provide information on supplier performance and addressing recurring issues.
- Ad hoc projects and general administration as required.
- Assist Specifications Technologists in gaining information from suppliers to allow accurate completion of Finished Product Specs and Retailer Raw Material Risk Assessment.
Good computer literacy, including competency with MS Word, Excel and Database packages.
Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
Food industry experience preferably within a Quality or Technical Department.
Ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision.