- Support the Quality Manager to achieve and maintain the Company and Customer Quality Standards for All Products Processed through the Production Facilities.
- To thoroughly Inspect Product Online and to make sure the required Quality Standards are adhered to at All Times and ensure All Products meet Customer (Supermarket) Specifications/EEC Standards in Full.
Summary of Duties:-
Staff – 4 on 4 off shift
Start of shift
- Complete Daily QA Equipment Check.
- Complete Daily Scale Calibration.
- Ensure all scales are off charge and that adaptors are unplugged.
- Record & Sign Out All Equipment taken from the QA Room.
- Set up Daily Plaster Record.
1. Label Checks
- Before production begins check that labels corresponds with product.
E.g. Size, Country of Origin and Variety and that Label corresponds with work sheet.
- Check against Label Specification Sheet for barcode, display until, best before, sizing and all other information – any deviations must be reported to QA Manager before authorizing label to be used.
- Labels and film needs to be checked every 30min during production run, this does not include any changes to the label.
2. Product Online Checks
- Carry out destructive tests prior to production starting to ensure that fruit is within attributes prior to use on Production Lines.
- Set raw material standards in line with customer specification.
- Inspect at least 3% of fruit being produced for orders. Complete 4 layer PR checks.
- If fruit quality is not within specification you must report to QA Manager.
- Check that labels are being applied straight and in correct place.
- Check at random to ensure that tray bail arms are intact on outbound pallets.
- Check that pack and boxend labels applied correspond with product.
3. Weight Checks.
- Weight Checks need to be done on All Product being packed through the Packhouse which are weight packed, this includes loose and pre-pack product.
- Weight Checks need to be carried out every half hour.
- If an issue with weights has been found you must report to QA Manager/Production Shift Manager and increase checks until it is evident that the issue has been rectified.
As part of your duties it is imperative you familiarise yourself the different customer product requirements and specifications.
It is highly important we check every production job being processed in the Packhouse and that the correct paperwork has been completed and the job instructions have been carried out.
Staff – end of shift
Procedures are exactly the same as the early shift with the exception of Daily Scale Calibrations, but will also include the additional items below.
- Make sure All Equipment is Returned and Signed In.
- Scales are All On Charge before leaving.
- Wash QA Room Floor & make sure All Surfaces are Clean
- Assist intake QC with inspections during busy periods – absence cover
- Assist Warehouse PR QC in busy periods and absence
- If required help ripener with collection of fruit and taking pressures