Regulatory Affairs Director, EMEA
Would you like to become a part of a leading organisation that brings the Joy of Flavour to Life and makes Every Meal and Moment Better?
We are currently looking for Regulatory Affairs Director to join our team. Do you find yourself well in a fast paced, international work environment?
If so, you might be the person we are looking for! Our growth starts with yours.
- Maintaining the organisation’s state of compliance through proactive and rigorous governance of internal processes and by anticipating, interpreting and providing leadership and governance around timely business change programs generated as a result of regulatory change and risks (QUIG Process), ensuring that there is appropriate ownership, accountability and governance in the business
- Leading a small direct team and a larger geographically dispersed indirect team providing a broad range of regulatory services, and effectively developing and executing key regulatory programs that ensure compliance with McCormick Policies and Procedures and all relevant aspects of food law and regulations
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with all key stakeholders including internally: Commercial Leaders, SQLT, Marketing, Global COE; and externally: regulators, enforcement authorities, customers
- Leading the regional Claims Review Board ensuring that all claims are justifiable and defensible whilst maximizing opportunities for McCormick products and brands
- Providing clear and proactive guidance, advice and training on regulatory matters to a wide range of stakeholders in the business such as TSS Lodz, Marketing, Commercial Teams
- Functioning as a key McCormick representative and making part of relevant trade associations and other external bodies where appropriate, ensuring that McCormick is professionally represented and that our ability to influence is maximized
- Attracting, developing and retaining a highly talented and diverse team, assessing staffing needs and leveraging the wider indirect team where possible, as well as defining performance standards and holding staff and function accountable for achieving goals
- Ensuring that there is a clear Regulatory Strategy for EMEA which is aligned and supporting both the wider Regional Quality strategy and the Global Regulatory strategy
- BSc in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, Nutrition, Regulatory Affairs or related fields; a Master’s degree will be an asset
- Deep knowledge of all aspects of food law and regulations in the EU, as well as exposure and knowledge of other regulatory markets such as GCC, Russia, RSA and/or North America
- Working knowledge of EU trade associations such as ESA, FDF, etc.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills; proven ability to build strong and effective relationships at all levels within a complex, networked organisation
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and keep staff motivated with a challenging, heavy workload
- Strong problem-solving and negotiation skills
- A team-player attitude with a good level of diplomacy
- Outstanding change and project management skills with attention to detail
- Fluency in French would be an advantage
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz in the UK. McCormick EMEA Headquarters are in Haddenham (UK).
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.n° 70719).
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.