Technical Services Manager
SALARY / BENEFITS
£45,000 to £47,000
Highly competitive rewards package including Group Pension
Excellent career progression prospects across the Bakkavor group
COMPANY/ SITE DETAIL
We are bursting with pride here at Pizza Harrow, our Employee Engagement is fantastic, and we have scored 98% above the General Industry norm in our Employee engagement Survey in 2017. We put a huge focus on our Corporate Social Responsibility, and as such, we have low Employee Turnover at Bakkavor Pizza Harrow, and we have also won Group Employee Forum of the year award, as well as Good Neighbour Award for our community work.
Bakkavor Pizza Harrow Site is part of our Pizza and Bread Sector and specialises in Artisan and Traditional Pizza, we make over 40 million Pizzas each year. We employ over 800 colleges and our average service is 15 years. Investment in people development is a core principle in our culture ensuring that our colleagues can learn and grow and have a rewarding career with us.
A fantastic opportunity for a Technical Services Manager to join our Harrow team. The purpose of this role will include managing the Technical Services function for the site, including, Raw Materials, Packing control, Quality Systems and Technical Administration. This role also provides both interface and effective communication to enhance customer or supplier’s perception of Bakkavor.
- To manage the Raw Materials operation on site ensuring all raw materials are assessed for compliance to internal and customer standards from development through to launch. To ensure that raw material compliance are regularly reviewed and approval status is maintained and to ensure information required during 3rd party audits is maintained and available.
- To manage and develop the Quality Management System across the entire business ensuring that all QMS documentation is up to date, relevant & controlled and meets the requirements of legislation, industry standards, Bakkavor and all customers.
- To manage Customer Complaints effectively ensuring all complaints are logged, investigated as appropriate and effective responses are completed in a timely manner.
- To effectively mange the completion of finished product specifications to meet critical path and / or customer requirements ensuring right first time.
- To operate in a safe working manner and support the site / business on continuous improvement relating to health, safety and environment.
- To positively communicate technical issues and updates by the most appropriate communication channels. To collate information relating to food issues / scares and similar events and communicate to Technical Management Team and other key business interfaces required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Good IT skills including Word, Excel and Outlook