Interim Technical Manager - 2 to 3 days per week
Factory based Interim Technical Management role - 2 to 3 days per week.
· Ensuring that the norms for product and processes are correctly defined and documented for the factory, and are available at the appropriate control/critical control points for monitoring and recording purposes.
· Coordinate the operation of the Quality System with other functions and establish and manage an effective internal auditing mechanism to ensure the quality system is effectively maintained and improved.
· Support in implementing the Quality Policy.
· Support the Technical Manager in facilitating, coaching, motivating and developing all employees to achieve and improve quality standards, acting on ideas and suggestions. Where necessary implementing and/or monitoring corrective actions.
· Support in trending and investigating departmental KPI’s including, consumer, trade and environmental health complaints. First time quality, non-quality costs, hygiene issues etc. Support the QA Manager in introducing successful improvement plans to improve performance against quality KPI’s and improving the overall quality of products and processes.
· Support improvement plans within the factory and use them to drive continuous improvement activity.
· Provide input on new product /process introduction integrating these in to the HACCP system and QMS as appropriate.
· Ensure up to date and accurate factory specifications are in use for finished products.
· Ensure line standards are up to date and reflect the actual products against the specification.
· Be part of the risk assessment process of new products / equipment coming on to site.
Ensure that all new launches have accurate and up to date QAS documents agreed and filed with the taste panel team.