TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER - ELECTRICAL
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER - ELECTRICAL
Krones UK Ltd., located in Westhoughton, Bolton, is the UK based wholly owned subsidiary of Krones AG, a major German company, internationally recognised as the world leader in the manufacture of high-speed bottling machinery and process plant for the food and beverage industries.
To support the growing market for our wide-ranging technology and products, Krones UK has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Support Engineer who is truly customer centred and is motivated by solving electrical related issues to ensure customer production needs are met. Additionally, a key responsibility is to schedule service engineers time ensuring the rights skills are in place at the right time. Thinking creatively to manage resources and fully utilising all service engineers time will also be a measure of success.
The role requires tenacity and dedication to fully own any customer technical issue and work until a successful conclusion is delivered. The role may require time to be spent at customer premises to address technical issues and this may also be at short notice to react to breakdown situations
These roles require a high degree of technicality, which will require a solid technical background in electrical disciplines.
• To be the key point of telephone contact for customer breakdowns.
• To communicate effectively with all customers to give confidence that their issues are being
resolved and to generally ensure good customer service.
• To provide technical expertise to resolve customer issues such as programming and fault
finding of PLC controlled machinery within the food and beverage industry.
• Rectification of customer technical issues and a “fix forever” mentality of electrical issues.
• To escalate issues that cannot be resolved in a timely manner.
• To effectively plan service engineers weekly working schedule ensuring maximum utilisation.
• Use of business software systems for fault finding / engineer planning.
• React efficiently to adjusting engineer work schedules to facilitate changes to work plans.
• Team working with Service and Technical managers / other departments to ensure that the engineer has the necessary documentation to allow the job to be done effectively.
• Working with sales and project departments to understand requirements of jobs so that engineers and other equipment / resource are made available to carry out the job at the right time.
• Customer visits to sites as required driven by business need.
• Communicate with all other functions that overlap with the service department to ensure all issues are completed.
• Share best practice with other support engineers.
• Provide out of hours technical support as part of the on-call rota.
• Checking, correcting and issuing engineer service reports to customers.
• Liaison with Service Admin team on finance issues as necessary.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Time served engineer, ideally HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering.
• Previous experience of the food & beverage industry, with technical experience of Krones filling packaging machinery preferable but not essential.
• High level of computer literacy and IT skills, and having used MS office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Project), but also with the ability to learn new systems quickly. SAP Scheduling / planning systems an advantage.
• Electrical engineering capability, PLC knowledge to software programming / advanced fault finding standard on Siemens S7 & Allen Bradley ControlLogix, PLC5 & SLC500.
• Ability to interpret design drawings and using all available information sources to aid diagnostics
• Good fault finding capability with flexibility to consider different solutions, thinking “outside the box”.
• Desire to take full ownership of any issue from the customer and see the solution to successful completion.
• Good fault finding skills to carry out diagnosis of issues remotely from the customers site by telephone, or remote access.
• Excellent communication skills both written, verbal and face to face.
• Ability to build and maintain relationships with customers both externally and internally.
• Willingness to travel throughout the UK & Europe as required.
If you are interested in this exciting position and motivated by working with customers in a fast-paced environment and are from a technical support or engineering background, we would love to hear from you.
What comes with the role is a competitive salary, company car and a benefits package, which includes participation in a bonus scheme, private medical insurance, pension scheme.