From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy. And it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve.
To provide reactive and pro-active engineering support to the shift teams covering maintenance, problem solving and improvement activities with specific focus on the following:
This role is at our Runcorn plant, where you will be a member of a well-established team of shift engineers covering the small pack production operation from beer intake to finished goods loading. This includes our beer production and exciting new ventures such as Smirnoff Cider (Passionfruit flavour is my favorite personally…!)
We will need you have the following qualifications
- Indentured or NVQ 3 craftsman with relevant mechanical and electrical skills
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical, electrical and PLC software management
- Proactive structured, logical problem evaluation & solving skills.
- High level of communication abilities and able to develop & sustain robust relationships.
It would be great if you had, but not essential:
- Understanding of Health, safety and environmental legislation and standards
- Knowledge of packaging, process control, engineering or Engineering Excellence techniques
- Engineering orientated technical report writing skills
- Understanding and application of Manufacturing Excellence methodologies and techniques
- SAP (or MRP systems), Planned Maintenance.
- A background as an shift Engineering Technician in an FMCG environment
- Experience of working in a challenging quality & customer focused environment
- Experience of high pressure situations where decision making may be required with little supervision
- Achieve shift production targets.
- Planned maintenance schedules for designated area carried out and schedules improved as circumstances dictate.
- Proactive in finding improvement activities in designated areas and delivering performance improvements
- Data systems – e.g. SAP/log books, change control etc. completed and maintained.
- Proactively investigates downtime issues in designated areas identifying issues and resolving, gaining support if required
- Machine and line reliability maximised.
- Able to fault find complex issues using recognised manufacturing excellence methodologies and techniques.
A diverse workforce is essential to our success as a multi-national, multi-cultural business. Our aim is to foster a culture that provides opportunities for all, through the variety of different personalities, experiences and perspectives, creating a stimulating and rewarding working environment. By creating a truly inclusive workplace that recognises difference and diversity of thought, feelings and actions, we can allow our people to unleash the power of being themselves, always, to enable them to Celebrate Life, Every Day, Everywhere.
CHARACTER IS EVERYTHING