Site Technical Manager
We are looking for our 'Technical Expert' to lead our Technical Department at our UK HQ!
Are you currently a Technical Manager wanting more autonomy to develop and progress? We need someone who is capable of assisting with the overall Site Management and take an active lead across the operation as an Integral department head.
Covering our large UK Manufacturing site, you will support a World Class manufacturing and quality ethos and look to meet and better budget requirements, making significant improvements to the department and customer relations.
As part of the site Senior Management Team reporting directly to the UK MD you will ensure commitment and continual improvement to the Quality Management and Food Safety System, ensuring compliance to BRC, AIB standards, Customer Manufacturing standards and Codes of Practice.
- Driving site Quality and Food Safety Culture, coaching, training and developing the team in relation to GMP, GLP, Procedures, Specifications, Quality and Safety Standards.
- Implements measures to demonstrate improvements and significant trends, identify the root cause of non-conformance and implements preventive action.
- Responsible for the implementation, review and continuous improvement of the HACCP system
- Ensures achievement of the Technical and QA Budget
- Site lead for Certification and Customer audits identifies Root Cause of Non-Conformance and works with the relevant teams to implement corrective and preventive action.
- Implementation of systems of validating and verifying compliance to the Quality Management and Foods Safety System, including Internal Auditing.
- Team and labour management.
- Determining, negotiating and agreeing on procedures.
- Process control & training requirements
- Product safety & quality.
- Specify quality and food safety requirements of raw materials.
What we are looking for
You will have worked previously in a Food Manufacturing environment and experienced in an equivalent position leading a Technical Department. A Degree in Food Technology, Food Science or Quality Management would be desirable, but we are looking for someone who can lead a department. You will have a good understanding of financial and budgetary responsibility whilst being able to communicate effectively and represent your department at board level is essential.
If this really sounds like you could be our ‘Technical Expert’ and you want to be considered for the Site Technical Manager role, please click the Apply button.
Or, alternatively, you can apply directly for this job by emailing Jamie@StevensonJamesRP.com quoting job reference SJR_TMMidlands. We have been exclusively retained to find and look after you! …so, if for any reason you would prefer to contact us confidentially before applying feel free to do so.
What happens next?
On applying for this job, you consent to SJR Partners holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search, for full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to our website. Our ongoing aim is to contact everyone either way within 24 hours on the assumption that your credentials fit the requirements for the role.
Alternative Job titles
Head of Technical | Head of Quality | Technical Controller | Senior Technical Manager | Site Quality Manager | West Midlands | Warwickshire | Leicestershire | Birmingham