£38,000 - £45,000 Per Annum
25 days holiday
Highly competitive rewards package including Group Pension
Excellent career progression prospects across the Bakkavor group
We are the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, with an international presence in the US and China. Our 19,000 employees operate from 39 locations, developing and producing innovative food for a wide variety of occasions and budgets. In the UK, we work with leading grocery retailers, focusing on their own label brands.
Bakkavor Meals, based in Sutton Bridge, specialises in making chilled ready meals for a dedicated customer and employs around 200 people. It is part of the Bakkavor Meals sector which has eight factories in the UK.
A fantastic opportunity for a QA Manager to join the Meals Sutton Bridge team. You will be responsible for leading and motivating the Quality Assurance team in monitoring and evaluating product and processing systems. Your main accountabilities will include understanding and applying relevant standards so that Bakkavor, Customer and Legal requirements are achieved and maintained.
- Understand and apply relevant standards and codes of practice so that Bakkavör, Customer, BRC and legal requirements are achieved and maintained.
- To ensure that the requirements of HACCP are implemented, maintained and achieved. Involvement in the evaluation of risks and defining controls, prior to the introduction of a new process, product or raw material.
- Understands, implements and reviews quality management systems associated with the production of food to the agreed safety and quality standards.
- Implement, maintain and review an audit system to ensure that critical procedures for product safety, legality and quality are in place and complied with. In addition review all internal findings, identify trends and implement appropriate preventative measures.
- Supports the Technical Manager & the business with management of audits, hosting audits as appropriate. Manages response & close out of non-conformance reports from audits as required.
- Effectively communicates with internal and external customers suppliers and production teams to ensure all the Technical needs of the business are met. Deputise for the Technical Manager in their absence
- Manages the training & development requirements of the Technical team and ensures that direct reports are properly equipped to undertake their roles.
- Manage the QA team & is responsible for its activity. Recruit and retain the right calibre of people. Lead, motivate and inspire the Quality team in line with Bakkavör Values to achieve personal development, continuous improvement
- Generate technical business KPI information, communicate, trend and highlight issues. Develop and agree action plans and through Continuous Improvement drive the business forward.
- Provides practical support and drive to promote a Quality Assurance culture in the Business.
- Ensures that a safe working environment exists for all employees within the QA team and that as a minimum the standards set out in the H&S manual are met.