Multi Skilled Shift Engineer - Bradford
Hovis is one the UK’s leading food brands. In fact, it’s worth over £400m in retail sales. In a very competitive crowd, we’ve continued to demonstrate category leading product innovation & quality. Our brand heritage and most recent performance is testament to this. Unsurprisingly, we have bold ambitions for our business & brand. We’re now searching for a proactive and committed Multi Skilled Shift Engineer ready to play a key role in the next chapter of our journey. Please see below for more detail.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As a working member of the Engineering group to manage the operational direction of the Engineering team.
- Identify maintenance improvement opportunities and develop action plan to deliver
- Work in a professional manner ensuring all safety and hygiene requirements are met
- Write risk assessments and method statements for all engineering tasks and ensure work permits are issued as required.
- To be self motivated, ensuring a positive attitude when dealing with production colleagues.
- Use CMMS to manage daily work activities.
- Liaise with the Engineering FLM on operational and personnel issues.
- Pro-actively manages personal performance, and the ability to deal with resultant actions effectively and efficiently.
- Liaise with the Engineering FLM to ensure departmental KPIs and factory targets are met.
- Input ideas and take an active role in team briefings and communication meetings.
- In line with Business policies ensure that the Health and Safety, accident management procedures are properly adhered to.
- Ensure that absences are reported in line with the Site’s absence procedures.
- Create a working environment that promotes trust and a willingness to succeed.
- To audit current working practices and make suitable recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Input ideas and take an active role in team briefings and meetings.
To ensure that the team is well motivated, delivering excellent customer/client service at a cost effective price.
To make significant contribution to Bradford’s KPI’s:-
Efficiency, Waste, Breakdowns, Service, Factory Costs
Plus Engineering driven KPI’s – Downtime, changeovers, product quality, housekeeping/hygiene standards, accidents, absence.
- Recognised apprenticeship
- Have strong motivation to inspire team members and peers
- To show a keen response to change in a positive and enthusiastic manner
- The ability to work with others effectively
- The ability to display confidence and initiative in daily duties
- Be a ‘Team Player’
- Have an understanding/experience of the Production business and the impact of Engineering services
- The organization of workload in accordance with deadlines
- To show commitment both to the organisation and the team
- Must display excellent communication skills
- Multi-skilled Engineer
- Food industry experience
Full Time, permanent position
4 on 4 off shift pattern, working 2 days/2 nights
Average 42 hours per week
Based at Bradford site