Maintenance Technician (Electrically Biased) Bristol
Hovis is one the UK’s leading food brands. In fact, it’s worth over £400m in retail sales. In a very competitive crowd, we’ve continued to demonstrate category leading product innovation & quality. Our brand heritage and most recent performance is testament to this. Unsurprisingly, we have bold ambitions for our business & brand . We’re now searching for a proactive and committed Maitenance Technician (Electrically Biased) ready to play a key role in the next chapter of our journey. Please see below for more detail.
A great opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Technician (Electrically Biased) to join the Hovis team at our Bristol site. At Hovis we are on an exciting mission to bring a smile to anyone who comes into contact with our brands, especially our consumers. Where better to do that than within our Engineering team where we are proud to Bake and deliver the best quality products each and every day.
To deliver an effective and timely maintenance service on Shift to the Bakery operations ensuring the legal compliance and efficient/reliable functionality of all equipment within budget.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Input into the implementation of maintenance procedures, engineering standards / specifications, Risk assessments and method statements and other SHHEQ systems
- Ensure own compliance with all relevant Hovis and Legislative Health & Safety requirements within the working environment
- Support the Operator Maintainers in 1st line fault identification and rectification
- Conduct 2nd line fault finding on Plant upsets and equipment malfunctions, implementing suitable corrective actions
- Undertake corrective maintenance and bench overhaul activities as required
- Review and technically validate all CILTs (Clean, Inspect, Lubricate, Test) generated by the autonomous maintenance team, escalating items that fall outside own skills base and experience
- Review and authorise Autonomous Maintenance counter measures
- Raise Tags and undertake appropriate counter measure to eradicate issues
- Initiate dynamic risk assessments
- Provide technical support and training to the Operator Maintainers on all aspects of maintenance
- Initiate RCA (Route Cause Analysis) investigations into Plant issues and equipment malfunctions
- Implement condition based inspections of equipment in distress and determine corrective action plans
- Participate in PPM’s and line overhauls as requested by the Maintenance Manager / ETL.
- Record / register stop information into the tracking system to assist loss deployment groups and reliability improvement initiatives
- Ensure consumable spares and suitable lubricants are available to the Operator Maintainer teams
- Define and standardise optimum changeover processes
- Accountability for withdrawing stock from engineering stores
Knowledge & Experience
- Apprenticed trained.
- Electrical Bias
- Able to read electrical drawings
- Level 3 BTEC or Equivalent qualifications.
- H&S units. risk assessment , method statements, SSOW
- IEE wiring regs
- Good understanding and practical experience
- LAFF ( logical approach to fault finding )
- Demonstrable experience of maintenance within an automated FMCG / bakery environment
- Experience of working in a bakery
- Basic food hygiene qualification
- Gas Training
- Risk Assessment & Method Statement Training
- PLC Literate (Siemens S7, Rockwell 5000 & 500, Mitsubishi, Modicon )
Location: Based in Bristol
Reporting to: Engineering Team Leader
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK