Engineering Team Leader - Bristol
Hovis is one the UK’s leading food brands. In fact, it’s worth over £400m in retail sales. In a very competitive crowd, we’ve continued to demonstrate category leading product innovation & quality. Our brand heritage and most recent performance is testament to this. Unsurprisingly, we have bold ambitions for our business & brand . We’re now searching for a proactive and committed Engineering Team Leader ready to play a key role in the next chapter of our journey. Please see below for more detail.
A great opportunity has arisen for an Engineering Team Leader to join the Hovis team at our Bristol site. At Hovis we are on an exciting mission to bring a smile to anyone who comes into contact with our brands, especially our consumers. Where better to do that than within our Engineering team where we are proud to Bake and deliver the best quality products each and every day.
- To provide primary leadership to a team of shift engineers, managing the focus of the engineering team on agreed priorities.
- Ensure the best possible resolution is achieve to issues experienced during shift, in order to meet the performance requirements of the Bakery production schedules.
- To manage planned and unplanned absence of shift team and to ensure that the team are utilised effectively to deliver daily work plans.
- To be part of a team providing essential maintenance and plant recovery operations, whilst maintaining Health & Safety and Food Safety Standards, in order to provide maximum manufacturing efficiency on site.
- To carry out effective shift handover and produce detailed Engineering shift report at the end of shift.
- To communicate and work in partnership with production operations team to identify areas of improvement with regards to performance, availability and waste.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contributes to delivery of site H&S plan in accordance with Corporate strategy
- Support a safety culture of protecting people from harm
- Attends daily Engineering review
- Develop training needs plan for shift engineering team.
- SAP management ( Holidays, O/T, Sickness )
- Plans day to day activity in line with plant gaps.
- Develop work plans in line with reliability improvement
- Understand MRO budget
- Raise orders using ID Hammar
- Waste Elimination Focus
- Deliver Improvement plans covering all operational KPI’s
Service & Quality
- Maintain systems and controls to ensure that quality production delivery is at the forefront of all activities.
- Promote a continuous improvement approach to both reduce customer complaint levels year on year, and also enhance consumer satisfaction through the Customer Lifelong Loyalty Programme
- Agility and Capability to communicate and engage at all levels of the organisation- from ‘bakery floor to top floor’
- HNC/HND/Apprentice qualified or Equivalent
- PLC – Siemens/ Bradley (Desirable)
- Exceptional Hovis / Bread or FMCG supply chain experience will be considered in lieu of educational qualifications
Location: Based in Bristol
Reporting to: Electrical Duty Holder
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK