4 on 4 off Shift Pattern
07.00 - 19.00 / 19.00 - 07.00
Salary £35,000 to £40,000 plus excellent benefits, pension, bonus and healthcare and development
Bakkavor Bread is based in Crewe, Cheshire and specialises in making chilled breads such as sliced baguettes, flatbreads and doughballs. It is one of five factories that are part of the Bakkavor Pizza & Bread sector in the UK.
Bakkavor Bread in Crewe is looking to recruit a Production Manager.
They are marketing leading in their category producing speciality products for the major multiples across the chilled, ambient and In Store Bakery categories. Products range from garlic baguettes and ciabatta to hand crafted flatbreads, filled and folded, tear & share, dough balls and dough bites.
Responsible for leading your team to meet manufacturing requirements on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern rotating between days and nights.
This is a people leadership role and your responsibilities are centred on leading your team so that they are fully engaged. Your responsibilities include:
- Pro-actively managing to ensure that a safe working environment exists for all employees in the operation and that as a minimum the operation meets the standards set out in the Group Health & Safety policy
- Maintaining standards of quality, food safety, hygiene and housekeeping within your area through Good Manufacturing Practice (G.M.P.) to ensure that both Business and customer standards are kept and audit requirements are fully met.
- Appropriately managing the performance of all teams members through the use of Bakkavor performance managements systems
- Owning the training & development of all levels of team. Actively coach, develop, recruit and train team members to the required level of competence to encourage continuous improvement within the business.
- Managing the NPD process within your area of responsibility to ensure that all trials run successfully and through to product launch
- Ensuring the delivery of agreed KPIs across the operation through the team, making sure that KPIs are understood and utilised to support performance improvement plans and day to day activities. Ensuring systems are in place to collect the necessary data to measure performance against the agreed KPIs.
- Planning, organising and measuring labour and material requirements within your area to ensure that both short- and long- term agreed targets are met.
- Ensuring that the workforce in your area is well informed on relevant business news and to encourage effective cross-functional links
- Involvement in the selection process for direct reports and responsible for supervision and coaching of Section Leaders (or other direct reports) in the recruitment process for staff at all levels below.
- Encouraging the Bakkavor values and a positive culture, whilst fostering good employee relations through fair, consistent and effective people management.
Who we are looking for
• A strong influencer and communicator who is confident to build relationships and engage at all levels across the business.
• An experienced Production Manager or Operations Manager ideally from a FMCG background that is use to leading large teams