Production Operative - Nights
Bakkavor Desserts is based in Devizes, Wiltshire and specialises in making chilled desserts such as tarts, yum yums, doughnuts, pies and pastries. The site employs over 550 people and is one of three factories that are part of the Bakkavor Desserts sector in the UK.
A fantastic opportunity has opened up as a Production Operative to join our fantastic team at Desserts Devizes, based in Devizes.
Your main accountabilities will include:
- Monitoring the work area to ensure the workplace is safe and all machinery is maintained to a high standard of cleanliness
- Sharing responsibility for the implementation and maintenance to the requirements of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Ensuring all daily machine safety checks are completed in line with the trained SOP’s and PPM (Planned Preventative Maintenance) schedule
- Monitoring and recording packs per minute (PPM) on machines whilst overseeing that products are not overweight/underweight
- Ensuring product changeovers are performed with minimal downtime but in a safe and accurate manner
- Collaborating effectively with the team to ensure that all labels, packaging and film is on the line and ready to use in good time before the job is ready
- Liaising with and reporting any issues to the Line Leaders and engineers in a clear and concise manner
- Adhering to ‘World Class’ standards at all times
- We require all applicants to have a basic understanding of English Literacy and Numeracy (ESOL3)