£35,000 to £40,000
25 days holiday
Access to MyRewards (Company scheme offering local and national benefits & discounts)
Group Pension (including employer contributions)
First class training, fast moving environment & excellent career progression prospects
Desserts Devizes is part of Bakkavor Group plc, the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, with a growing international presence in the US and China. In the UK, Bakkavor has 25 factories which are grouped into four core sectors: Meals, Pizza & Bread, Salads and Desserts.
Bakkavor Desserts is based in Devizes, Wiltshire and specialises in making chilled desserts such as tarts, yum yums, doughnuts, pies and pastries. The site employs over 550 people and is one of three factories that are part of the Bakkavor Desserts sector in the UK.
Job Accountabilities include:
- Procure the businesses material requirements in line with the Group’s sourcing plans. Proactively support the implementation of agreed Group contracts within the business unit.
- Ensure the Group’s forecast assumptions are incorporated in to the business’ cost price forecast providing any necessary translation. For Group procurement responsibilities provide considered best estimate forecasts in line with the Group timetable (updated as necessary) explaining any price movement assumptions.
- Using a formalised risk assessment process, identify potential supply issues and take appropriate action to avoid their occurrence. Escalate issues to the appropriate level when necessary and ensure that suitable supply agreements are in place.
- Ensure that procurement systems and processes are effectively utilised and maintained. Data input must be accurate and changes implemented on time to ensure efficient robust reporting and correct supplier payment.
- Input into the development of the Procurement Improvement Plan (PIP) and take ownership for the delivery of assigned initiatives both locally and within the wider Group businesses when related to Group procurement responsibility.
- Measure supplier performance against agreed criteria and where sub-standard performance cannot be rectified locally escalate to the relevant Group buyer.
- Work with NPD, technical, production and planning to ensure robust NPD processes are followed for launches and de-lists. Maintain the business preferred supplier list for use by the NPD team and manage the introduction of new suppliers/materials so as to avoid un-necessary proliferation within the business.
- Coach, train and motivate direct reports in the function to ensure individuals are stretched to their full potential. Ensure individual development is designed, structured and achieved in line with functional guidelines.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of the integration of Haydens Bakery now Desserts Devizes into the Bakkavor group.
The successful Senior Buyer will ideally be working in a food manufacturing environment in a similar role, with:
- Experience of Sage or Protean systems
- Strong commercial awareness and influencing skills
- Excellent numeracy ability
- Sound understanding and experience of the key procurements fundamentals
- Negotiation experience
- Ability to manage change