Section Manager Leaf Nights
£28,000 - £35,000 Per Annum plus Shift Allowance
22 days holiday
Highly competitive rewards package including Group Pension
Excellent career progression prospects across the Bakkavor group
We are the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, with an international presence in the US and China. Our 19,000 employees operate from 39 locations, developing and producing innovative food for a wide variety of occasions and budgets. In the UK, we work with leading grocery retailers, focusing on their own label brands.
Wingland Foods, based in Sutton Bridge, Lincolnshire employs around 550 people and each year it produces millions of bags of leafy salads, food to go salads and prepared vegetables for a dedicated customer. It is one of eight factories that are part of the Bakkavor Salads sector in the UK.
Bakkavor Salads (Wingland Foods) is looking to recruit a Section Manager on Leaf Nights to provide leadership and drive within a fast paced environment ensuring that Health & Safety and Food Safety is top priority while still meeting business demands.
The shift pattern in 3 2, 2 3. 6pm to 6am.
Your accountabilities include:
- To pro-actively manage to ensure that a safe working environment exists for all employees in the operation and that as a minimum the operation meets the standards set out in the Group Health & Safety policy.
- To maintain standards of quality, food safety, hygiene and housekeeping within your area through Good Manufacturing Practice (G.M.P.) to ensure that both Business and customer standards are kept and audit requirements are fully met
- To appropriately manage the performance of all teams members through the use of Bakkavor performance managements systems (i.e. appraisal) and, if necessary, to impose disciplinary sanctions in accordance with Company policy through to dismissal stage.
- To own the training & development of all levels of team. Actively coach, develop, recruit and train team members to the required level of competence to encourage continuous improvement within the business.
- Manages the NPD process within their area of responsibility to ensure that all trials run successfully and through to product launch
- To ensure the delivery of agreed KPIs across the operation through the team, making sure that KPIs are understood and utilised to support performance improvement plans and day to day activities. Ensuring systems are in place to collect the necessary data to measure performance against the agreed KPIs
- Plan, organise and measure labour and material requirements within their area to ensure that both short- and long- term agreed targets are met.
- To ensure that the workforce in their area is well informed on relevant business news and to encourage effective cross-functional links and that channels of communication are clear and available.
- Involvement in the selection process for direct reports and responsible for supervision and coaching of Section Leaders (or other direct reports) in the recruitment process for staff at all levels below.
- Encourages the Bakkavor values and a positive culture, whilst fostering good employee relations through fair, consistent and effective people management.