Raw Materials Technologist
Raw Materials Technologist – Meals Wigan
£28,000 Per Annum
25 days holiday
Highly competitive rewards package including Group Pension
Excellent career progression prospects across the Bakkavor group
We are the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, with an international presence in the US and China. Our 19,000 employees operate from 39 locations, developing and producing innovative food for a wide variety of occasions and budgets. In the UK, we work with leading grocery retailers, focusing on their own label brands.
Bakkavor Meals, based in Wigan, specialises in making chilled ready meals, food to go salads and vegetable accompaniments and employs over 1,000 people. It is part of the Bakkavor Meals sector which has eight factories in the UK.
Ensure that customer, business unit and legal requirements for raw materials and supplier quality assurance are achieved, that quality, safety and risk evaluation systems are in place, monitored and corrective actions completed
- Technical Standards: Will ensure that there is an approved and active Insight specification available for all raw materials used on site.
- Quality Management System: Ensure that all raw material specifications are reviewed and risk assessed to the outlined frequency and that the raw material database is updated to reflect any changes.
- Quality Management System: Generate, maintain and update relevant raw material systems and databases liaising with Operations, Technical and NPD as appropriate.
- Quality Management System: Will support the site risk assessment process through liaising with suppliers to capture all relevant information.
- Quality Management System: Work closely with manager to ensure that all suppliers either existing to the business or a new supplier/material to be introduced into the business has full/current approval status
- Quality Management System: Ensures that all information held centrally on supplier approval is reflective of the factories supply base and risk assessment outcome.
- Audit: Participate in Technical audits including customer and Group Technical, ensuring all relevant raw material information is available and completed in the required timescale.
- Audit: To audit compliance against Quality Management Systems, GMP and HACCP controls, raising all non-conformances against relevant standards with objective evidence, effectively communicated to enable the operational teams to take the appropriate and necessary corrective action & to follow up and monitor completion of actions.
- Communication: Assist in the capture of information and co-ordination of responses in the event of a food safety alert.
- KPI’s: Will compile monthly internal KPI’s for the site Raw Materials team for example: % active specifications, risk assessment status, supplier approval & raw material specification review.
- Customer Management: Will understand the sites Customer requirements in regards raw material controls, microbiological specifications and processing parameters and effectively communicates these to both the internal site teams and the raw material suppliers in a timely manner. Where issues are identified, these will be communicated to all necessary parties as early on in the process as possible.
- Health & Safety: To operate in a safe working manner and support the site/business on continuous improvement relating to health, safety and the environment