Rate of Pay - £9.31
Shift - Friday - Monday, 16:00 - 02:20
Bakkavor Meals - Wigan
Bakkavor Meals joined the Bakkavor Group in 2005 and is located in Ince-in-Makerfield, Wigan, Lancashire. We produce a range of fresh chilled ready meals for the major retailers. We concentrate on 3 main core product sectors, Bowl Salads, Potato Products and Fresh Produce Ready Meals. Our site currently employs approximately 1200 people.
Join Bakkavor foods as a Line Leader and help deliver outstanding quality, service and value to our customers.
We are looking for a Line Leader to co-ordinate the efficient running of an area in order to produce product at correct quality standards in line with plan. Always ensuring these duties are completed in line with Company policies and standard operating procedures, including PPE, Food Safety, Health and Safety, ‘clean as you go’ and ‘Good Manufacturing Practices’.
- Set up and check equipment, carrying out safety checks and audits in line with procedures.
- Organise and co-ordinate the allocation of tasks to staff within the area. Ensure that breaks are co-ordinated effectively.
- Carry out composition checks (if required) in accordance with procedure in order to control efficient usage of materials and packaging.
- Identify and resolve routine equipment issues within defined guidelines, escalating immediately when required.
- Monitor, assess and record production performance hourly to ensure operating to optimum efficiency. Identify and implement corrective actions.
- Attend meetings to report on performance escalating any issues to a Manager and reporting back to the team.
- Check that all CCP checks, Process Control and all other production paperwork has been completed accurately, in accordance with procedure and within specified time frames, countersigning to verify correct.
- Ensure efficient use of materials and packaging.
- Identify potential improvement opportunities and assist with the implementation of such improvements with guidance from your manager.
We require all applicants to have a basic understanding of English Literacy and Numeracy (ESOL3)
For more information on this role and to apply visit click "apply now"