About the Category
To support and deliver the due diligence, legal requirements and brand protection across fresh and frozen beef and lamb. In additional, you will be responsible for full Product Management and quality reassurance across primal beef and lamb. You will be working closely with three Buyers across fresh and frozen and three key suppliers to the category.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Supporting the delivery of product and supplier management across ASDA supply base
- Supports organizing and chairing internal and external supplier review meetings.
- Supporting the CTM (Category Technical Manager) in the Technical review process, engaging business partners from start to end in line with our policy.
- Ensure rigorous supplier management using agreed processes for customer complaints, serious incidents, testing exceptions, withdrawals and recalls, EHO and TSI referrals, scorecard metrics and responsible sourcing to minimize the risk of regulatory challenge or adverse brand damage.
- Supporting the delivery of supplier communications e.g. technical conference and or training programs.
- Be the category strategic support for technical and where applicable – quality in your accountable areas, working cross functionally to support the CTM to deliver the category technical strategy.
- Ensure all visits and audits are completed as required after following a consistent, robust and documented risk assessment.
- Ensure outputs are adequately communicated and documents for due diligence are correctly stored on HIVE. All actions will be risk rated and closed off within agreed timescales.
- Support the lead CTM on business plan and assist in delivering UK and Walmart global objectives / OR manage low risk business plan objective.
- Work as an enabler to your business partners adding value to your category through knowledge of your supply base
- Support the CTM on availability by demonstrating your participation in GHDF strategies
- A relevant science qualification to minimum of HND level OR relevant experience in food/product related manufacturing environment
- Solid understanding of process and production in food categories
- The ability to “make a difference”, with a commercial instinct
- A proactive approach to getting things done with plenty of motivation and initiative
- Strong interpersonal, organisational and management skills
- An ability to take responsibility for your own development
You’ll receive an excellent benefits package which includes colleague discount off your shopping, share save scheme, free parking competitive pension and discount off selected gyms. We also like to share our success; after all you made it happen, so every eligible colleague is also part of the Asda bonus scheme. The development opportunities are endless and we’ll support you every step of the way