Health and Safety Manager
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a £multi-million food FMCG business manufacturing high quality products to a multitude of major retail and wholesale customers across the UK and Europe. Leading the way in their sector our client prides themselves on their innovation combined with the quality of product and the delivery of exceptional customer service. They have invested significantly in this new state of the art facility and require an experienced Health & Safety Manager to lead the continued development of site procedures.
- Investigating/recording incidents, accidents, complaints and cases of ill health
- Undertaking risk assessments and site inspections
- Ensuring that equipment is installed correctly/safely
- Identifying potential hazards
- Determining ways of reducing risks
- Writing internal health and safety policies/strategies
- Drawing up safe operational practices and making necessary changes
- Liaising with relevant authorities
- Keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current health and safety legislation
- A minimum of an IOSH certificate but NEBOSH Certificate is desirable
- Experience within a manufacturing environment – Food manufacturing would be desirable
- Experience in improving and health and safety behaviours and improving cultures.
- Previous experience of working within a highly automated environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills