Engineering Team Leader
Engineering Team Leader
Growing is in our nature. Over 40 years ago, we started life as a small family farm with a handful of people and a modest range of crops.
Today, we’re a global farming and food business working thousands of acres and employing thousands of people around the world to grow, process, pack and market a range of fresh produce.
Supplying our premium produce to some of the UK’s leading retailers and restaurants, we are very proud of what we do and how we do it. With our impressive green credentials, we truly are committed to sustainability, demonstrating continued investment in the latest technologies to help maintain our carbon neutral footprint.
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Engineering Team Leader to join our busy, multi-site engineering department.
To enable us to continue meeting high industry demands and in order to maintain and exceed the highest levels of quality and customer service expected, we are keen to hear from suitably skilled and experienced engineering professionals who may be interested in joining our team.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that the production plant, services and facilities are all maintained and improved through the effective leadership of the engineering team. By providing an efficient and cost effective level of service to all areas of business, utilising external contractors only where appropriate.
- Maximum equipment uptime and availability
- Contribute to the effective and efficient use of equipment, by ensuring a reduction in response and completion times, and maintaining a right first time approach
- Innovation/Improvement suggestions, projects reviewed, analysed and implemented where appropriate
- Promote and deploy a flexible approach to new equipment, systems and ways of working. This will involve integration with operations to fulfil the goals of LEAN and continuous improvement
- Ensure spare part stocks are kept at appropriate levels to maintain plant and equipment.
- Ensure daily and weekly checks on production equipment and equipment pumps, valves and fitting.
- Assist the engineering manager in managing the use of contractors across site for both Sefter Farm and Leythorne.
- Continual improvement in Health & Safety Audit results
- To communicate all relevant information and develop strong working relationships with all team members, to lead by example and have a significant and visible presence
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Time served mechanical/electrical engineer with a minimum 3 years post qualification industry experience
- Prior team management experience
- Be able to think, communicate and present information effectively
- Ability to prioritise workload and use own initiative in a fast paced production environment
- Capable of carrying out mechanical and electrical tasks
- Carry out effective RCAs
- Identify, plan and implement effective PPMs
- Management experience within a FMCG / Fresh food manufacturing environment
- Food Hygiene Level 3
- Capable of working on invertors, PLC systems
- Experience of working within FMCG / Fresh Food manufacturing
Why work for Barfoots?
- Investors In People Silver Award status
- Company pension scheme
- Development opportunities
- Discounted leisure membership
- Discounted vegetable box scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Approved training centre for Highfield qualifications
- Rapidly growing company
- Committed to Sustainability