Diageo is where you’ll find a wide variety of personalities, experiences and perspectives, wherever you’re based in the world. It makes for a stimulating and rewarding working environment
We’re proud to be more than 30,000 talented people. While they make our iconic brands ever stronger around the world, we help them go further than they thought possible. In fact, we’re helping to define their career growth through stretching roles and exciting development opportunities
About the role
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Team Leader to flourish within the team and grow their career in our world class packaging site in Shieldhall
Working hours: 2pm – Midnighte (Monday – Thursday)
As Packaging Team Leader you will be involved in:
- Leading production and craft teams.
- Work at the tier 1 level to lead and motivate the shift team to take accountability to deliver World Class performance in all aspects of the balanced scorecard (Safety, Quality, Service, and Cost) MMS and morale.
- Ensure that all health, safety and environment, quality, cost and reliability standards are met and driving conformance to regulatory and accreditation standards (e.g. ISO/HACCP etc.) in packaging.
- Implement significant change within a continuous improvement culture. High level of engagement and leadership and ME methods and tools
- Manage the high level of day to day complexities in a complex and busy operational environment to deliver high quality products in a safe manner to plan.
- Drive 5S quality standards and relentless compliance to 5S standards
- Own KPI targets across shifts as well as for the line. Look after own quality, safety and waste and set and deliver the team goals
- Ensure all team members follow standard operating procedures and drive for the next level of performance. Be bold on action planning and delivery including the sign off of the production plan. Organise and deploy people to correct roles.
- Develop team morale, recognise great performance and take timely action to address under performance where necessary
- Ensure proper application of RCPS through role modelling and leadership
- Completely accountable for driving the Asset Care agenda for the shift i.e. schedule adherence. Participate in and sign off most effective AC plan
- React immediately to issues as they are exposed. Has the strength of character to challenge under performance/poor behaviours in the moment by not walking by.
- Coach team members to identify areas of under performance.
- Deliver training interventions according to the agreed plan. Provide coaching interventions to ensure that new knowledge becomes a practiced skill for the individuals and the team.
The Ideal Candidate will be/have:
- Advanced formal training or further education or qualified through experience
NEBOSH qualification or willing to complete it within 12 months
- Relevant IBD qualification (General Certificate in Spirits/Beer Packaging) or willing to complete within 12 months
This candidate must have
- Experience in production management.
- Ability to manage people performance, coaching and development of a multi-disciplined team of between 10 to 15 people.
- Proactive structured problem evaluation & solving skills learnt through exposure to Lean, Six Sigma, TPM or Manufacturing excellence.
- Experience of working in a challenging quality & customer focused FMCG environment.
- Basic financial awareness, understanding of business drivers, budgeting processes.
- IT literate, experience with MS packages
It would be even better if you have/are:
- Good working knowledge of Environmental legislation and standards.
- Best in class people management practices including performance management, attendance management, and resourcing
- Understanding of commercial implications of production & supply chain management.
- Deep knowledge of ME, packaging, lean methodologies, process control, or engineering techniques
- SAP (or MRP systems), Planned Maintenance, Environmental and Quality system ( Informance, Harford, Pinnacle)