To provide a pro-active and effective technical service to the Whitefield site. Responding to day to day issues and concerns from the operations team and ensuring quality standards are understood and achieved.
- Control generation, duplication and distribution of all QA documentation.
- Verify and file all completed QA/Factory documentation and report on non-conformances.
- To carry out Quality Inspections as required on work in progress and finished products and process paperwork according to procedure and schedule.
- To support factory staff and management in assessing & resolving any quality issues as they arise and Where out of specification results are identified, ensuring that appropriate action has been taken & recorded through the Non-conformance procedure.
- To attend process checks are ensure that they are carried out according to agreed standards. HACCP, QMS, legal and Customer requirements. and assist/advise on any corrective actions that may be required
- To carry out CCP, process and GMP audits around site as required by the Internal Audit schedule.
- To calibrate factory testing equipment in line with calibration schedules
- Complete daily fridge and temperature checks
- To monitor factory & production standards with regard to GMP, and hygiene and To raise corrective actions as required.
- Support in preparation of material for external audits
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Experience within food manufacturing, Bakery experience would be an advantage.
- Influencing and communication skills are essential to drive QA within operations.
- PC literate
What judgements / decisions can you make?
- Generally advisory. Giving guidance to Production, Hygiene and Warehouse and site wide. Much of area of decision making supported by protocol and procedure.
- Ensuring that all systems are in place and functioning to deliver safe, legal and quality products
Who do you communicate and work with?
- QA Technician and Administrators (direct reports)
- Operations team (inc Operations Manager)
- Hygiene Supervisor
- Auditors – BRC and Customer
- Analysts (results from micro sampling etc)
Who gives work to you?
- Technical Manager
- Technical Support
- Manufacturing Managers