Project Manager - Westhoughton, Bolton
Salary : Up to £42,000 depending on experience
About Krones UK Ltd...
Krones UK Ltd, located in Westhoughton, Bolton are the UK subsidiary of Krones AG, a major German company internationally recognised as the world leader in the design and manufacture of high-speed equipment for the packaging industry.
Krones UK provides extensive after-sales and service support for the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland, and our goal is to ensure that our customers attain maximum productivity, based on the excellence of our products and support operations
Growth has created an opportunity within our Project Management Team.
About the role...
- Attend order clarification meetings with Sales & Customer
- Preparing of all on-site activities (including sub-suppliers) for the installation & commissioning phase of new machine / LCS projects.
- To manage customer expectations and ensure that the customer is satisfied with the project.
- Responsible for Commercial and Financial Management of the project ensuring that the project is delivered successfully on time & in line with the agreed delegated budget.
- To manage the commercial negotiations with any third party suppliers/ sub-contractors and to ensure that third party partners work in line with agreed contractual commitments.
- Technical support / supervision and liaison with specialist as required meeting the needs of the project.
- Liaise with Krones UK & AG service departments for scheduling of all engineering resources including 3rd party, and ensuring that this is done in a timely manner.
- To supervise offload and ingress of equipment as required.
- To manage the on-site manager, or site lead Engineer, as required on delegated projects
- Preparation of Health & Safety and CDM requirements for installations
- Attending Krones AG as required for Pre Delivery Inspections / training, including Q-gate 6 sign off process
- Regular meetings with the customer, Krones AG and Krones UK management teams on all project related activity.
- Experience within the Beverage, food, or associated industries preferable
- Previous roles involving the medium to high speed packaging machinery capital sales market
- Project management experience in a high pressure environment advantageous.
- Commercially astute with excellent budget control skills.
- An understanding of contractual forms and requirements (MF1 model form an advantage).
- Able to present Krones and its products at senior customer levels.
- Good level of computer literacy, having used MS office, but also with the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Use of SAP ERP and CRM systems
- The ability to work independently and take on full project responsibility, whilst also performing within a closely knit team.
A competitive salary and benefits package is offered, which includes a performance related bonus scheme, private medical insurance, and enhanced pension scheme
Apply for Project Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly