Operations Manager at The Island Bakery, Isle of Mull.
A genuinely unique job and location opportunity! Bring your experience and skills to a small organic food producer on the Hebridean Island of Mull. Not only will you have the opportunity to live in an idyllic rural location, but you will have the chance to grow an ambitious family-owned artisan food brand. Leading a small friendly team, see your ideas and skills come to life in a small nimble company where it’s your leadership and actions that count.
To manage the Company’s factory operations. Encompassing production, purchasing, sales processing, warehousing, engineering and technical functions. To have responsibility for monitoring and controlling key business operational metrics – including expenditure, profitability, productivity and efficiency. To make key contributions to New Product Development, Sales, Business Development and recruitment.
To bring this advert to life; please see our recruitment video here:
- People Management - Lead, coach and mentor the management team ensuring clear guidance and support is given either verbally or written.
- Continuous Improvement – ensure processes and production is running as efficiently as possible and introduce new ways of working to achieve this.
- Operations – manage factory operations, control and improve the production cycle, source equipment, ensure health & safety compliance, quality and budget management. Play a key role in audits.
- To liaise with other departments to ensure technical, financial and production requirements are met (e.g. production, engineering, technical, transport)
- Leadership - lead and develop a management team of 4 to ensure skills are improved and utilised to best effect.
- Business Transformation – play a lead role in growing the business, including implementing plans for a factory expansion, and contributing to setting the strategic direction of the company.
Qualifications / Experience required:
- Strong leadership, planning and organisational skills essential.
- Experience in a similar operational role.
- Candidate must have a strong desire to work in a team environment in a fast-paced, results-orientated culture.
- Able to communicate and motivate.
- A background in food manufacturing, preferably in bakery would be advantageous, however, other manufacturing/production experience would be considered.
- You will be familiar with production machinery, production best practice, and how to optimise operations to minimise waste and maximise quality.
- Demonstrable track record in Operations or Production Management and Continuous Improvement with examples of successful schemes you have implemented.
Apply for Operations Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly