FSQR Compliance Officer
FSQR Compliance Officer
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Job location: Balliol, Wolverhampton (12 month fixed term contract)
Cargill’s European poultry business is a leading supplier and innovator of further processed chicken products for retail, food service and food manufacturing customers. Based out of our state-of-the-art further chicken processing plant in Wolverhampton where we produce breaded and battered chicken products, you will be an essential part of the Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory (FSQR) team. You will be responsible for management of the company HACCP process, Quality Management Systems ensuring compliance at all times. You will continuously improve, develop and standardise the quality management system and monitor compliance through auditing and implementing any corrective actions. You will work closely with other functions to share best practice and communicate with the customer and 3rd parties about company FSQR policy.
The key responsibilities are:
- To manage the site pest control contract, liaising with the pest control contractor to ensure the control system meets all legislative and customer requirements
- Where necessary implement suggestions made by the contractor and review, communicate and verify the corrective actions
- To take responsibility for controlled documents, issuing new documents and ensuring out of date documents are removed from used
- To be responsible for the calibration of FSQR measuring devices and ensuring all measuring equipment such as temperature probes are calibrated in line with the defined schedule and implementing corrective actions in the event of a failure
- To manage the sites micro biological testing/ sampling programme and create and maintain annual testing and certification calendar to maintain compliance to customer/ third party requirements
- Act as the first point of contact with the testing laboratory, verifying results, analysing data and reporting trends
- Manage the site quality manual and review annually
- Prepare and review documentation for customer or third party audits and lead audits where required
- Keep an up to date register of approval status, specifications, certifications and supporting documentation for supplies of meat, ingredients, packaging and services
- Maintaining the systems within in the HACCP plan
- To implement a robust internal audit schedule and ensure that internal audits meet requirements
- Where required train production operators
- Educated to a degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant scientific or food technology related subject would be preferred but other qualifications would be considered
- A formal HACCP qualification/ intermediate Food Hygiene qualification
- Experience of development, standardisation and improvement of Quality Management Systems in a food manufacturing environment
- Experience auditing as a Third Party (formal audit qualifications would be preferred)
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance principles, practices and procedures
- The ability to analyse data and interpret trends with a detailed systems based approach
- Strong organisation skills able to work effectively under pressure and tight deadlines
- Intermediate or above level in the Microsoft Office suite (Word and Excel)
- Fluent in English (Verbal and Written) and able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation
- Experience as a trained trainer would be useful
- Experience dealing with McDonald’s as a customer would be useful
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and stable private companies in the world.
Interested? Then please send us your CV and cover letter today.