Join the family
This is a very exciting time for us here at our Balliol site as we continue to embark on a multi-million-pound investment. This role will play an integral part during this time of change as we take our production site from strength to strength.
This is a fixed term contract initially for 24 months.
You will provide Engineering support to Balliol site and multidisciplinary Project teams to deliver safe, compliant, efficient, economical and timely solutions.
We believe in growing together – as a united team and working towards the achievement of our vision which is to be a winning brand in the food-on-the-go market.
Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage. Our people are what makes our business successful.
We aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
Up to £50,000 Dependant on experience
Shift Pattern and Contracted Hours
As Greggs is a multi-site operation, the role may involve some travel throughout the UK (and sometimes mainland Europe) and occasional overnight stays away from Balliol base.
During this exciting time, you will manage a range of projects throughout Balliol, working with internal and external resources.
- Develop projects from concept through feasibility and detailed design to final proposals, approval and successful implementation.
- Develop deep understanding of Balliol site and Supply Chain and identify opportunities for cost reduction and quality improvements.
- Apply knowledge of technology and suppliers to develop effective solutions.
- Scope projects and develop User requirements, specifications and detailed Engineering design.
- Apply Value Engineering throughput all stages of a project.
- Prepare procurement plans and tender documentation; manage tender process and appointment of successful contractors.
- Induct, supervise and safely manage contractors.
- Develop implementation plans, through design, manufacture, installation, testing, commissioning and handover to assure safety, quality, hygiene and achievement of project objectives within the agreed timescale and cost.
- Co-ordinate Operational and Maintenance documentation and effective resolution of snags and defects.
Support Operational Teams
- Provide Engineering support to assist Balliol teams to achieve their operational objectives
- Assist in the development of Balliol facilities management and equipment investment plans
- Provide technical support to development of Greggs Engineering and Hygiene standards and compliance with BRC standards
- Participate in regular Safety audits and reviews with Balliol Operational teams
- Lead ethically and understand legal requirements of the role
- Previous Project Engineer experience.
- AutoCAD experience.
- Experience of CE & PUWER.
- Evidence of influencing individuals/teams without line management responsibility.
- Exposure to latest plc software and principles e.g. as used in robotic handling and integrated process lines operating 24/7
- Contracting arrangements, administration of contracts
- Process Engineering, automation, mechanical and electrical Engineering
- A natural organiser with exceptional planning, scheduling and co-ordinating skills
- Computer literate in Microsoft packages (Excel & Word)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Accurate and displays attention to detail
- Results driven.
- Able to work within a cohesive engineering & manufacturing team.
- Previous experience gained within a similar planning role within an FMCG (or similar) environment.
- Our Greggs Employee discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
- Your holiday entitlement starts with 26 days, in addition to Bank Holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 30 days after 25 years’ service (pro-rata for part time)
- After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme
- You will be invited to participate in our Management Bonus Scheme which is worth up to 7.5% of your salary, subject to the Company meeting certain performance criteria.
- You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
- Defined contribution management pension scheme
- Death in service benefit which provides a lump-sum payment equal to 4 times your year’s salary
Other benefits include
- Private Medical Insurance which is free for you and subsidised for your dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance which is a replacement income scheme
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
During the application process we’ll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we’ll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help we can make your application as quick and as smooth as possible.