A fast-growing food business, renowned for their top quality products, is currently looking for an experienced Food Technologist to join their business.
Based out of a multi-site facility in they supply to M&S, Waitrose, Sainsbury's and a number of high end hotels in London.
The Food Technologist role is very varied, supporting the Technical Department in maintaining and enhancing quality management standards across all areas of production.
Key responsibilities include:
- New supplier approval and ongoing supplier validation process
- Developing and maintaining close relationships with customers, suppliers and key stakeholders
- Issuing technical documentation to production in a timely manner
- Log customer complaints and assist with investigations
- Co-ordinate with NPD chefs to ensure all ingredient specifications are approved prior to presentation to customers and the launch of any new products
- To assist as part of the HACCP team and the development and installation of HACCP
- Internal auditing (in-house training will be provided if required)
- Monitor micro testing results and implement corrective actions when required
- Support the Technical Manager in ensuring continuity of technical function within the business
- To carry out any other duties as dictated by the needs of the company
Key Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Food Technology/Science or equivalent degree
- Awareness of HACCP and BRC legislation
- Good understanding of Food Microbiology
- HACCP Level 3 in Food Manufacture is desirable but not essential
This role would suit a graduate with some industry experience or a candidate with 1-2 years as a Food technologist
Indicative Salary Range: £21000 - 24000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.