Business Development Manager
Hours: 45 hours per week (Exc breaks). Hours worked on the field with the requirement to attend meetings in Head office Nottingham every Friday
Salary: Competitive based on skills and experience + company car.
If you’re an outstanding sales professional with good experience and knowledge of food & non-food packaging, who thrives on achieving sale’s targets/KPIs and building strong business relationships then this is the role for you!
You will be working with independents Cash & Carry’s and retailers so influencing and cross-selling experience is a key part of the role. You will be a fully equipped, experienced sales person who can demonstrate a strong work ethic and are able to take ownership of their client base. You’ll need great relationship management skills, innate commercial acumen and a pioneering spirit. You will be covering National accounts so confidence in working with independents/ buyers is crucial.
Experience in the industry or experience in business to business sales is desirable. Knowledge of packaging is advantageous. Candidates should be approachable and highly organised. You will be required to analyse customer purchases and liaise with them to maximise the sales opportunities. You will also be required make regular contact with customers over the phone, email and through regular visits. Sound knowledge of working with a CRM business role would be an advantage.
The principle responsibility of the role is:
- to acquire new business, both from a pre-defined prospect list of potential customers and from your own initiative.
- developing customer accounts and maintaining good relations with the customer.
- Field Based- You must take ownership of your territory, managing existing business and proactively signing up new business.
- Prospect the territory efficiently seeking new business and explore all opportunities with existing customers through sensible sales analysis.
- Build and manage internal and external business relationships and achieve sales and service level targets.
- Keep yourself up to date with new product development, market trends and competition, aiming for maximum profitability.
The candidate will need to:
- have prior experience and skills within a field sales role
- have proven sales experience in the foodservice industry and a good understanding of this sector
- have good product and customer knowledge
- be self-motivated and sales driven
- be approachable and a strong communicator
- be IT literate
Hyperama plc are one of the leading Cash & Carry and foodservice operators as well as leading importers and suppliers of Ethnic food in the UK. From small beginnings in Nottingham in 1976, the company now operates from 4 depots in the Midlands which include Nottingham, Derby, West Bromwich, and Peterborough.
The Hyperama Group is a growing business and a dynamic place to work. We employ over 300 employees across the group, and our success is reliant on our staff feeling engaged, motivated and valued. We share a common goal of providing customer satisfaction as the group continues to expand and thrive in a variety of competitive markets.
A range of benefits are available to the successful candidate, including; Auto enrolment pension, 20 days holiday plus 8 Bank holidays, a full staff benefits scheme with retail discounts, discounted products and memberships. In addition, there is also an employee assistance programme, staff discount in store, and more!
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive if you do not hear from us within four weeks your application has not been successful.