Weekend Engineering Manager
Welcome to Dr. Oetker! We are an international family business whose quality products have appealed to people’s taste for generations. With us you have the chance to shape your future and ours alongside more than 11,500 colleagues in over 40 countries.
- Responsible for Health and Safety of all Employees & trained in IOSH Managing Safely.
- To define and promote safe working practices within all operating procedures including the use of correct PPE and compliance with site RAMS.
- To ensure risk assessments and method statements for the designated area are up to date and reviewed.
- Responsible for understanding and carrying out the relevant requirements of the health and safety policy and ensuring that all employees do the same whilst actively encouraging continuous improvement in health and safety standards.
- Ensure all contractors have the relevant documentation in place before any works commence.
- Carry out Contractor PTW internal training and issue PTW and ensure contractor safety is adhered to on site
- Effective management of the Quality tracker > 90%
- Trained to L3 Food safety and HACCP
- Lead the engineering team ensuring that efficiency and availability targets are met.
- Increase OEE and line efficiencies through the effective leadership of a team of Multi-skilled personnel to improve plant start up performance.
- Motivation of the team to meet Safety, Quality, Production and Engineering targets.
- Actively coaches all team members to develop and encourage continuous improvement.
- Manage performance and absenteeism, including disciplinary action, appraisal and performance review.
- Manage and escalate any safety, food safety, and plant or facilities issues to the appropriate level during the weekend.
- To monitor machine plant start up and downtime and take all possible steps to minimise loss of production capability.
- To monitor, review and control engineering material and stock against planned usage.
- To understand key performance indicators and use them to deliver performance and drive improvement.
- Ensure shift handover reports are completed at the end of each shift (am, pm, nights) to required standards and communicated to the relevant recipients.
- Ensure SAP PM Documentation is complete and signed off at the end of every shift.
- Educated to HND/HNC Level or equivalent Engineering qualifications.
- 5 years hands on experience of Engineering.
- Contractor management and permit to work control.
- Analytical and systematic in approach to fault find.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Positive, motivated and a team player.
- Detail conscious and practical.
- Interested in playing a key role within a dynamic, FMCG environment.
Want to shape future with quality? Then we look forward to your application!