ingredient technologist - intake & blending
ingredient technologist - intake & blending
Fruit Towers - London
We’re looking for someone to join the technical team as an intake & blending ingredient technologist to look after some of our intake and blending sites and be sure no one uses orange instead of apple in our great apple juice carafe.
In this role, as part of the one technical team, you’ll work with all the ingredient technologists and some of our intake and blending sites to ensure that we receive and release all the ingredients we need to blend our juices and smoothies.
You will work closely with technical functions and other areas of the business, also with external partners (suppliers and service providers) to support our day to day operations, innovation projects and everything that goes into producing our tasty drinks.
Your responsibilities will be a combination of activities to be sure that we always have ingredients to use in production for our drinks.
- Responsible for the accuracy & maintenance of innocent quality management systems for ingredients, that ensure our ingredients are safe, meet quality expectations & provide the foundations for due diligence
- You will be involved in the creation and maintenance of manufacturing and ingredient specifications and also accountable for the overall synchronisation of the tools used for the technical management of ingredients
- And because we like continuous improvement, you will be responsible for identifying and implementing any efficiency improvement concepts across the team
- Responsible for managing the process of technical intake, release and storage of ingredients at the manufacturing and storage sites and responsible for the approval of new intake sites (primary and secondary) with other technical teams
- Supporting the delivery of consistent ingredient quality to ensure that our quality standards are met as part of 12-month ingredient management plan and being the interface between teams, sites and laboratories involved in the management of ingredients
- Ensuring intake and blending sites compliance to innocent standards and procedures; including data monitoring and reporting, Management of gap analyses, KPIs and operational NCRs, responsible for the quarterly financial risk review for blocked stock and destruction requests and support for ingredient incident management
- You will also own some procedures that will need to be updated and issued and you will support third party audits and NCR closure for intake and blending sites and laboratories
- You will be responsible for creating annual verification testing budget with aim towards cost mitigation plans, work with them in process and cost optimisation and will be responsible for technical support doing things like data trending, incident investigation, samples management, block stock management, lab invoice management etc.
- Responsible for supporting innocent led ingredient innovation opportunities with the above brand protection and supply chain management responsibilities
- Previous experience working within factory or logistic environment.
- Basic knowledge of food quality systems and 3rd party accreditation systems – having previous experience on a similar role/industry placement, as well as food science/science degree are welcome
- Experience in planning or managing process that require organisational skills
- Good communicator - ability to translate complex things into a simple message accommodating different levels of details to the appropriate stakeholders
- Attention to detail
- Medium to advanced skills in excel (use macros, pivot tables, formatting cells, create drop down list and data validation, etc.) – if you know at least some of these, will do
- German or Dutch language will be the cherry on top
We’ve got big ambitions over the next few years, delivering market-leading growth from smoothie, juice and refreshment– so it’s an exciting time to be joining innocent, and you’ll have a crucial role to play in delivering these plans.
You’ll get experience in the innocent technical world and have the opportunity to grow your technical knowledge. You’ll get involved in different aspects of our supply chain end to end, working with a number of different innocent teams internally and externally.
This role is a permanent role based in Fruit Towers in West London. Maybe from time to time you will need to travel around Europe to visit some of our intake or blending sites.
You will help us to keep doing business the right way – keeping innocent one of the Sunday Times Best Places to Work, using our B Corp status to inspire wider change, and reinforcing our culture of staying little as we grow big.
In return for everything you can bring, we can offer you an exciting, challenging role in a fast-growing and dynamic business, with plenty of career opportunities in the UK and across Europe as well as a competitive rewards package. We also have some great clubs, a free breakfast and as many smoothies as you can shake a stick at. Take a look at our reward page for more details.
If you think you have everything we're looking for and more, then we'd love to hear from you. You'll need to get your skates on though, as applications close soon.
Dolly Parton may have worked Nine to Five but you don't have to. We're all about being healthy and happy here at innocent so we're open to a chat about flexible working. No promises, but we reckon that if it's good for you, then it's good for us.
No agencies please.