Commercial Finance Manager
Young’s Seafood Limited is the UK’s leading fish and seafood business, inspiring consumers to love fish through our fresh, frozen, own-label and branded products. Proudly making delicious fish dishes for over 200 years, we’re home to the Young’s brand - famous today for making family favourites such as Chip Shop and the UK’s number 1 premium seafood brand, Gastro.
We’re a leading supplier of seafood to the hospitality industry offering an extensive portfolio of products through our Young’s Foodservice and Kingfrost brands. Proudly British, Young’s International offers our exceptional quality frozen fish and stand out innovation to countries around the world.
We believe in doing the right thing by our people, planet and partners. Through our Fish for Life programme, we’re dedicated to doing this in a responsible and sustainable manner that protects our industry and our
Lead Commercial Finance business partner for Chilled Sales & Marketing Managers exc M&S.
- Managing product profitability, providing insights and challenge to support effective decision making
- Ownership of the sales budgeting and financial forecast process, ensuring clarity, accountability and appreciation of risk/opportunity enabling clear understanding, providing appropriate feedback and challenge to support sales initiatives & plans to drive top line growth whilst providing guidance and advice to balance margin quality aspirations
- Manage price realisation process and identify opportunities to improve margin through pricing
- Lead customer margin management for a group of retail customers, providing insight and challenge
- Managing customer profitability, support JBP process and lead initiatives to improve customer profitabilty
- Evaluation of customer tenders and initiatives and management of open book accounting
- JBP/business planning support, guidance, analysis & challenge to enable delivery of best possible business plans in an informed and sensitivity assessed manner. Ensuring proper governance and appropriate actions
- Flexibility to cover wider commercial agenda as required.
Skills and Experience Required
- CIMA qualified
- Degree level education preferred
- Commercial finance experience advantageous
- High degree of IT literacy – first class Excel skills
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and within the team structure
- Improving commercial insight and analysis
- Integration of Livingston commercial agenda including day to day interaction
- Improving sales forecast accuracy
- Act as “bridge” between commercial and other functions to ensure best business outcome and alignment of plans and actions
- Provision of timely and accurate facts with balanced and insightful information to the right people at the right time. To include Daily/Weekly sales updates, etc etc