Temporary Raw Material Quality Technician - 6 months Maternity Cover
Veetee Rice Limited is a leading manufacturer and supplier of Rice in the UK.
We are currently looking for a Temporary Raw Material Quality Technician to join our Technical team based on the Medway City Estate, Rochester, working Monday to Friday (9.00 am to 5.30 pm). This role is to cover a period of maternity leave for 6 months.
The main purpose of the Raw Material Quality Technician is to test all rice and materials against approved specifications, to carry out lab duties on a daily basis and to maintain concise and clear records and reports for all results.
- Manage pre-shipment testing including analysing results from external labs.
- First point of contact for pre-shipment samples, including approval and maintenance of the raw material sampling database.
- Collect raw material and packaging and perform checks and analysis of all products arriving at site.
- To be able to collate all results and act on non-complying results and circulate to the relevant people.
- Maintain a non-conformity log and inform the supplier approval team.
- To be able to analyse and propose corrective actions
- Understanding customer and food specifications.
- Regular running of taste panels & cooking trials.
- To be able to work unsupervised but within an agreed work schedule.
- Collect/ arrange/ create samples for NPD, Lab, Customers & Suppliers.
- Manage equipment maintenance and calibration.
- To carry out any other task in connection with the department to support the business needs.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in food and/or agronomic science disciplines
- Good IT skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work to a tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- To be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management
Good to have:
- Previous Lab experience
- Worked to a specific lab accreditation scheme
- Experience with implementing lab and process control procedure
- Experience in the food industry
- Basic food safety/HACCP experience
If you would like to apply for this role please email your CV to email@example.com