Reporting in to the Cluster Director – UK & Ireland, the Sales Director - Distributive Accounts will drive the growth of key distributive account customers and develop new business strategies on behalf of this well-known food manufacturer. You will proactively develop and support the Sales Managers to drive business growth and promote company position in the market.
Main duties of the role
- To work closely with the Cluster Director and Marketing Manager in the preparation and implementation of all sales and promotional plans.
- Managing and developing the skill set of Sales Managers.
- Creation and implementation of objectives and budget for the DAM team.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities, with the DAM team.
- Develop a clear understanding of all company capabilities and effectively communicate those to new and existing customers.
- Complete analysis and understanding of all company products & concepts and their business orientated communications to existing and new customers, along with the completion of the sales funnel.
- Research customer and competitor information, to plan and drive continuous improvement.
- Lead sales meetings, co-chair commercial meetings and play an active role in leading the UK business
- Ensuring company is positioned correctly with customers and in the market.
- Actively working to ensure the DAM team support the wider company sales and growth strategy.
- To manage all accounts efficiently, effectively and profitably.
Required skills and experience
- Minimum 5 years sales experience at a similar level.
- Minimum 3 years UK Bakery or Foodservice experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing a team.
- Ability to manage a team that is home based.
- Experience of own brand and branded product sales.
- Ability to travel across the UK & Europe as required.
- Proficient in MS Office products and mobile technology.
- Excellent communicator, at all levels. Able to influence stakeholders.
- Strategic mindset. Ability to work towards long term goals and proactively plan to achieve them.
- Team player.
If working for a family business AND a global company appeals, this one could be for you.
Indicative Salary Range: £62000 - 75000 + 25% commission plus car and bens
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.