Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Category Management role executes the operational and day to day marketing activities regarding the product portfolio and product development activities of this well-known food manufacturer.
The role safeguards that co-ordination takes place between all departments - Sales, Finance, Operations, Supply Chain, Regulatory and NPD, as well as European colleagues.
The Category Manager is responsible for SKU management, cost/price & margin management per product category.
It includes responsibility for the UK/Ireland Product Portfolio with pricing and communicating this to the wider business.
The Category Manager ensures European launches are completed on time and in full.
Main duties of the role are as follows:
- Co-ordinate and plan all UK & Ireland product development projects and manage the product portfolio as agreed with the Marketing Manager.
- Ensuring all projects are completed on time and within the pre agreed budget.
- SKU & Market analysis, provide presentations and reports on markets, sectors, customers & product categories
- Support Sales with service to Key Accounts (info, data, presentations, reviews, account profitability)
- Liaise with European Colleagues and Sales Managers on product initiatives.
- Produce communication materials for Sales on product launches, updates, pricing etc.
- Involvement in European Product teams to improve, co-ordinate and deliver on time and in budget.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or other related subject
- 3 – 4 years’ experience in similar role
- Excellent MS Office skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Previous knowledge of SAP is extremely desirable
- SKU Management and product development experience
- Experience working with packaging, artwork and printing.
- Excellent communication and co-ordination skills across all levels, including experience gaining buy in from stakeholders.
- Team player
12 months work with a great company and brand that will look good on the CV.
Indicative Salary Range: £32000 - 40000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.