Falfish Ltd – Commercial Manager
Full Time, Permanent.
Attractive Salary dependent on experience
Falfish, who are we?
Falfish Ltd is in its 40th year of operation and has been continually growing since 1979 to become Cornwall’s leading seafood processing operation with a multi-million pound turnover delivering wholesale fish supplies across the UK and Europe. In this environmentally conscious market, sustainability is at the heart of our ethos.
As part of this growth and development, we want to recruit an exceptional and ambitiously committed Commercial Manager to join our expanding team, it’s a fast-paced environment; no two days are the same – so you will need to be prepared to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in! To thrive, we need you to be able to excel practically in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
Company core values:
- Passion, Excellence, Commitment and Resilience
- Quality, Consistency, Skill, Continuous Improvement
- Value, Trust, Integrity, Responsibility
- Investment, People, Equipment, Innovation
What is the purpose of the role?
A fantastic opportunity for the right person to join a growing and diverse company. This role will play an integral part in business growth and development.
- Increase sales growth in line with the company’s strategic objectives.
- Match raw material sourcing to company sales.
- Drive new sourcing streams.
- Develop expertise in SW fisheries.
- Enhance our existing UK and European customer base.
- Analysis of sales trends to maximise profitability.
- Responsible for day to day management of supply chain function.
- Contribute to the development of NPD concepts from domestic, import and export perspectives.
- Act as internal commercial contact for day to day issues, attending operational meetings to ensure communication flow.
What you can expect:
- On the Trading Desk at 5am every morning buying and selling
- Negotiating cost prices
- Developing the supplier and customer base, worldwide.
- Building strong working relationships with suppliers and customers
- Drive revenue growth
- Day to day contact for new and existing trading customers
- You will work across fresh and frozen products across all export countries
- Attend commercial meetings, UK and abroad for the purposes of business development
- Reporting to Commercial Director.
In return, we offer an unrivalled benefits package which includes:
An attractive salary
32 days Holiday
Training and Support
Required Personal skills, capabilities and qualifications:
- University degree in a business or commercially orientated discipline.
- A strong numerical and analytical mind
- Acute commercial/trading awareness
- Practical approach with common sense at the fore
- Strong communication and negotiation skills and a strong customer focus – a genuine desire to work with other people in a positive, pro-active way.
- A minimum 2 years’ experience working in a capacity within a commercial, sales or purchasing role.
- The ability to manage and prioritise your workload in a fast-paced environment
- Good computer skills, including Word and Excel
- Excellent numeracy skills
- First class time management skills with the ability to work well under pressure and demonstrating initiative.
- Excellent problem solving capabilities, able to use own initiative to solve problems.
- Ability to work as part of a larger commercial team and cross functionally over the organisation.
- The sea fishing industry by its very nature cannot function on a 9 – 5 basis, therefore early starts and a flexible approach to finish times is required in order to meet production schedules and the demands of fishing vessels and clients alike. Hours of work will be Monday to Friday from 5am until 3 pm and will require the successful candidate to work Saturdays on a rotational basis. A flexible approach to hours is required.
- Previous experience within short life food sector
- Fluency in 1 or more of the following languages: French, Spanish, Italian
- Previous purchasing experience
- Previous sales or export experience
- Interest in the fisheries sector
- Understanding of key account management
- Understanding of sales presentation requirements