Quality Manager – Meals London: Abbeydale – £30,000 - £35,000 + Excellent Benefits
Sunday - Thursday shift pattern
Monday - Thursday 12.00 - 9pm or 1pm - 10pm
(Sunday - 9 - 6pm)
Permanent and full time
Bakkavor Group is a leading manufacturer in the fresh foods market, specialising in developing private label products for top global grocery retailers and well known international foodservice operators.
In the UK, our customers include some of the UKs best known grocery retailers including Tesco, Marks & Spencer, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, Asda and Morrison’s, who sell our products to consumers under their respective retail brands.
Working at the Bakkavor Meals London site: Abbeydale and reporting directly into the Quality Manager, this role will be responsible for ensuring that agreed standards of quality and food safety are achieved and improved upon. To lead and motivate the QA team in monitoring and
evaluating product and processing systems and factory practices. To take a lead in generating and building a quality culture.
Requires Skills & Experience:
- Understand and apply relevant standards and codes of practice so that, the Customer, BRC and legal requirements are achieved and maintained.
- To ensure that the requirements of HACCP are implemented, maintained and achieved.
- Involvement in the evaluation of risks and defining controls, prior to the introduction of a new process, product or raw material
- Understands, implements and reviews quality management systems associated with the production of food to the agreed safety and quality standards
- Implement, maintain and review an audit system to ensure that critical procedures for product safety, legality and quality are in place and complied with. In addition review all internal findings, identify trends and implement appropriate preventative measures
- Ensures the area of responsibility operates to “fit to manufacture every day” standards.
- Supports the Technical Manager & the business with management of audits, hosting audits as appropriate. Manages response & close out of non-conformance reports from audits as required
- Competitive salary
- Private Healthcare (Including family)
- 25 days holiday
- Access to MyRewards (Company scheme offering local and national benefits & discounts)
- Group Pension (including employer contributions)
- First class training, fast moving environment & excellent career progression prospects